Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Sorry, don't know which forum to place this!

Sorry, don't know which forum to place this!2011-04-19T11:21:50+00:00

The Forums Forums Emotional Journey Other Sorry, don't know which forum to place this!

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

OOOkay. Here goes my vent/ramble. My son was diagnosed with ADD-inattentive, and they put him on Concerta. I thought it worked for him but he always complained he got grumpy right after school. I, as I always do, did they research and found many, many similarities from my life. So, when I was going through the process of being diagnosed with learning diffculties, I also discussed with the expert about this possibility. When the result came out, a more than 10 page (it may have been 20 pages actually) report, it stated that there was a 98% likelihood that I had ADD-inattentive. In the meantime, I was also attending a spiritual group that did a lot of meditation, visual, and guided meditations. For 10 years I attended this group before I left. The group leader was a hypnotherapist, and I think she used some of those techniques as well. I have always been a coffee person since my grandpa gave me my first cup at 6 (half milk but you know). So I’m probably a caffeine addict. I’ve noticed it doesn’t seem to get me hyper (I can even sleep after coffee) but it does seem to focus me better. BUT I still really have issues with money management, time management, and getting distracted, also some temper problems. I got really depressed and have always felt low self esteem/anxiety about others. So I went to get psychiatric help. I’m 2+ years into that. After seeing your movie on PBS, Add and Loving it!?! I talked to my therapist about the possibility, but she stated that the meds I’m on seem to be taking care of things. Sometimes, I exaggerate how well I’m doing to her though. I took the assessment at this site, and got a 90 something likelihood (this being at least two years from the learning disablility testing that had the high liklihood) Anyway, I feel that the meditations/possible hypnosis time spent helped a little. I’m looking into cognitive therapy, etc.

Oh, and I’m awful forgetful too. Always have been. I was often told by teachers and my mom to stop being so lazy, and stupid. To stop daydreaming in class, etc. I’ve spent an inordinate amount of time alone as a kid, and finally found a group in high school to “belong” to the theater group (of course). I’ve always been a good writer, but unorganized in thoughts. I used to haunt the library when I was in my teens and have always loved books and reading. Can’t stand math and barely function at a 4-5th grade level even though I have a BA (which took me 9 years to attain). So, that’s my story at 56 years old. BTW, I love the internet, it’s like a24/7 library with no waiting or transportation issues. ;) . I consider myself a writer, although not very much has been published because of my procrastination (which has gotten better but not enough) and poor time management skills. Oh, and I’ve been homeless several times because of poor money management (but I don’t use banks or credit cards anymore they get me in too much trouble). I think that’s it. at least for now. hope someone on staff sees this and replies to me.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Elaine. I’m not a staffer but just wanted to let you know that you are not alone. A lot of us have been through the very same things. It doesn’t fix anything for you, but maybe it helps to know you’re not alone.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)