Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Spouse screening tool for ADHD

Spouse screening tool for ADHD2015-08-19T06:02:37+00:00

The Forums Forums Ask The Community Spouse screening tool for ADHD

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

amy86
    Participant

Hi There!

Trying to find a rating tool or checklist that my husband could complete for me. 1 – for his objective opinion and 2 – so he could see that there really is a problem. It has been a struggle trying to find the right providers, getting someone to hear me and I just thought if he could take a 5 minute assessment tool on my behalf, he would have the “Ah Hah!” moment I have. Denial is not a river in Egypt, you know.

Any advice is much appreciated.

Amy

REPORT ABUSE

Rick Green – Founder of TotallyADD
    Participant

Hi Amy 86.  In the section of TotallyADD that features some free tools you’ll find the ASRS Screener or “Adult Self Reporting Scale”.  Your husband can fill this out based on his opinion of you.  As well, you’ll find the DSM criteria which is designed more for kids but is useful as well. And there is our Power Point of adult symptoms.

My suggestion is that you watch ADD & Loving It?! together and see how much of it resonates there. You can also ask a doctor to give you the Brown Ratings Scale and or the Wender/Utah rating scale, which each of you can fill out. (Having someone else give their opinion is so smart because we can be notoriously bad at self-assessment. And therefore, we think we’re great a self-assessment.)

REPORT ABUSE

amy86
    Participant

Thank you so much Rick, will do!

REPORT ABUSE

Rick Green – Founder of TotallyADD
    Participant

Let us know how it goes!

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)