Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Square peg meet round hole . . . Again

Square peg meet round hole . . . Again2018-04-07T07:57:53+00:00

The Forums Forums The Workplace Lost/Losing My Job Square peg meet round hole . . . Again

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Wendy
    Participant

Feeling depressed. Every job I have had since I re-entered the workforce (after being a stay-at home mom for 10 years) has ended witb me having to go through a Performance Improvement Plan. And, not to sound like I’m perfect (because I know I’m not) but, it seems that the last 3 that I have had were based on erroneous and/or false accusations that I can prove are wrong!

It seems to me that I rub people the wrong way sometimes but I honestly don’t know what I’m doing wrong!
    And, of course, no one will ever really tell you anything because they are afraid of workplace liability.

I guess I’m only supposed to live as a hermit or something since I’m so messed up!
    Why do I even try anymore?

REPORT ABUSE

That Guy with ADHD
    Participant

Hi Wendy,
    I’m sorry to hear that you are having a difficult time at work. I know that I have difficulty when I have to work in a group of new people because they don’t get me. Even some people who have known me for a while still have issues with me but they overlook it now because they know that I’m a good person and a hard worker. It’s odd saying that because I often feel like a failure. My self esteem is in the toilet most days. I work 2 jobs now. My main job has me working from home as a business analyst. Not a great choice for an ADHDer but I don’t have to deal with too many people. I also have a part time job in retail. I love that job because I get to help people.
    Maybe it’s just a matter of finding the right position. Along with my ADHD I have anxiety, depression, a bit of OCD, dyslexia… I have had my ups and downs over the years too so I know how hard it can be.

I don’t know what else to say other than if you would like to keep the conversation going I am often here and am more than willing to listen and share.

Your friend

Richard

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)