Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Started Today

Started Today2012-01-11T18:48:37+00:00

The Forums Forums Medication Vyvanse Started Today

Free medication video
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

My first day of taking Vyvanse (30MG) was definitely buzzy and a bit disjointed. I felt like I had 1 cup of coffee to much all day but also felt and focused at the same time LOL. I have had a few stimulant induced (pseudophedrin) night terrors over thus past 12 years during colds before I found out how bad for me that “sinus medication” was. The first day on Vyvanse had a similar but not nearly intense feeling of disassociation or disconnection (I certainly wasn’t terrified, just “different”). The other thing I noticed was I could not concentrate on multiple things like I usually did as my brain sort of rejected my attempts. I actually found myself telling to wait while I finished a task before I would talk to them. By the end of the day I felt like it was successful but I did have concerns as I hoped some of the sensations would lessen.

Day 2 almost all the weirdness was gone but I did have a very low level headache most of the day. My ability to multitask came back but I found I was able decide when I would use and when I should not (vs the usual juggling 20 things all the time and just adding more balls as people interrupt me with new tasks). The ability to set things aside and then not fret about them is a true blessing along with not being frustrated by set backs or waiting.

Now on day 3 and so far it’s like the 2nd day but even less weirdness and just the positive qualities of calm and focus.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

So, after a week of taking the Vyvanse, I ended up having a panic attack. Only, I didn’t realize it was a panic attack and went to the ER to get it looked at. I’d never had a panic attack before where I literally thought I would pass out. Everything was fine. No signs of physical strain or stress. No damage done, but it made me nervous enough about having another one that I stopped using it and went back to my psychiatrist to talk about what else we could do.

I’m now taking an anti-depressent to help with anxiety. (Let’s face it, I’m one heck of a worrier by nature. So far, it seems to be keeping me pretty even keeled. I’m not getting the same level of “focus” as I did on the Vyvanse, but I feel better about it and am finding that I’m not as quick to waffle between emotions either.

REPORT ABUSE

anniea

I started on an antidepressant (for years) before getting diagnosed ADD.. and started generic Ritalin sr.. I find the ritalin actually helped with the anxiety attacks I would have sometimes. That “spin” I get into sometimes and can’t get anything done. Don’t discount the stimulants all together… keep an open mind. and journal.. : )

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ok I have now been taking 30MG for a week and a bit. I find my mornings are great and for the most part I focus better. But I was noticing I talk faster at times (but quieter) and thought this might mean I needed a larger dosage as one of my biggest symptoms is my mouth, but after reading several threads it appears this may be more like a side effect vs. to little medication. So I will continue taking the 30MG until I meat with the doctor in a couple of weeks. One thing I want to avoid is the thought that I just need more medication vs. working at using other tools and learning how to live with ADHD.

Overall though I am very happy with the results. I find by 7 the effects do wear off and I have to be cautious I don’t set myself up for anxiety by staying up late or pushing myself into work late at the office. I also have to avoid situations where I can impulsively spend money (especially if had any emotional stresses earlier in the day).

Is it perfect?? Not a chance, but miles ahead of where I was at and I will take improvement over perfection any day! :-)

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)