Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Stop Giving Medical Advice!

Stop Giving Medical Advice!2011-07-02T04:31:09+00:00

The Forums Forums I Just Found Out! Other Stop Giving Medical Advice!

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

I would like to point out that giving an opinion disguised as legitimate medical advice is incredibly irresponsible. Describing your own experiences is one thing, posing as an authority on the treatment of ADHD is a different story.

REPORT ABUSE

Wgreen
    Participant

Wrecked–You’re right. (Hey, I like the alliteration)

Particularly when it comes to discussing prescription medications, people need to be very careful they don’t cross a line. BTW, I’m not a big fan of Pharma advertising on television, either. (I don’t know whether that’s legal in Canada, but it’s rampant in the U.S. Short-circuiting the patient-doctor relationship by pitching pharmaceuticals directly to the public on TV seems to me to be, at the very least, inappropriate.) But what you’re talking about is not just “incredibly irresponsible,” it’s potentially illegal—or actionable. Even in the U.S., where free speech is broadly protected by a constitutional amendment, I don’t think you can run around giving medical or legal advice without the proper credentials. Or am I wrong? We’ve got some attorneys/solicitors who are members of the forum. Perhaps they could weigh in. Where’s that line?

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)