Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Stopping meds when I become pregnant but worried how to handle my job without it

Stopping meds when I become pregnant but worried how to handle my job without it2010-12-05T07:38:31+00:00

The Forums Forums The Workplace Strategies for Work Stopping meds when I become pregnant but worried how to handle my job without it

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

My husband and I want to start a family and for me to do that I feel I should stop my Adderall (which I believe is recommended by doctor when pregnant). I am so scared that when I stop my medication I am going to fall apart at work and end up getting fired for missing something important. I know there are tips and things I can do that help but they don’t help me like the medication does. I work in an enviroment where I have freedom to come and go as needed and have high stimulation but the downside is there are LOTS of details and deadlines which I can handle when on medicine. Any other ADDs out there have this situation???

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I am not an expert at all, just someone on adhd meds… maybe if you really try to concentrate on how you feel on the meds, like in how you make decisions and how you react to certain situations, like really think about it and maybe right down how you feel when things come up, like at work.. almost step by step how you are processing the info right now on the meds. You can use it as a reference when you go off the meds, like a instructional manual on how your brain works on meds.. it might be useful.

I have also heard that yoga helps.. Good luck on having a baby, they are so worth it, my babies are 20 and 18, they grow up so fast!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Typo alert….right = write.. duh as in writing things down

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

ScatterKat – I am in the same predicament. I’ve been on Adderall for years and years, but am now trying to get pregnant. I also have a very demanding job. Yesterday, my doctor prescribed Vayarin, which is supposed to be safe for pregnancy and nursing. I’ve heard good things about it, and I hope it works for me. Anyway, you may want to talk to your doctor. Here’s the website: http://www.vayapharma.com/Article.aspx?Item=892&ln=en

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I stopped taking my adhd meds for both my pregnancies I wasn’t working during either but I was amazed at how the “nesting” instinct kicked in through both pregnancies and I was able to function pretty well. The main problem for me during pregnancy were the mood swings. Yikes….I thought my moods were kinda touchy just being adhd but adhd and pregnant with no meds, kinda scary at times. But who is gonna get super angry with a pregnant woman if they are a little off their norm….growing a person isn’t an easy task.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)