Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Strange aptitudes

Strange aptitudes2011-01-29T14:01:05+00:00

The Forums Forums What is it? Benefits of ADD Strange aptitudes

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Just wondering what others are exceptionally advanced at while others around you (non ADD/ADHD) struggle.

for me the list is long and although I may not continue to study/practice in a particular subject, I still learn at an amazing rate and if not for distractabillity or lack of focus could be really good at some of these things.

REPORT ABUSE

dspicelady

Are we the only two awake this morning? hehe. Let’s see….I have an amazing ability to get to the absolute core of any issue. A very fine-tuned BS metre. I can see the tiniest details. I can watch a show and pick out every editing error, read a book and find all of the typos and grammar mistakes. I can plan out a scenerio, with every conceivable outcome, bringing in a whole slew of variables. I can draft iron-clad contracts. Pretty much anything that relies on details, I’m your girl.

Of course, it should be noted that all of this doesnt work if it relates to my own behaviour, thoughts etc.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Even if I had the day off from work i’d still be up at 5:30 in the morning. Since I started taking Adderall IR I noticed that I wake up earlier and on my own w/o the alarm clock. I hate to hear that thing in the morning, its the most anoying sound even if i’m already awake, so I try to wake up before it goes off at 6:00. So yeah I guess i’m kind of an early bird.

Details, details, details, there are times I miss a whole lot and then there are times when I’m spot on and ruin the fun for everyone (oops I didnt mean to rhyme). When it comes to researching something or doing something for others i’m pretty good about the details but can miss a lot when they are given to me by someone else.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Miss details, what are those. They seam to go out the door, when someone is talking. What did you say, I lost you at the 3rd thing you said to do or was it the 4th. You want me to drop what i’m doing, to do something else. Can I leave notes, so, I know what I need to do when I come Back to this projects. I can’t or not enough time, ok. It will take me even longer to find out where I left off.

Did I enterupted you again. Saying what is on my mind before I lose it. O that is right it comes across as being rude. What can we do to help each other out, to get the pionts across and get the job done. find some one who will work with you not against you. where are these people I would like to know?

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

[ignore this post…if I could delete it I would. I totally just typed a whole response that was meant for another post and posted it here. Woooooooooow. xD Sorry.]

REPORT ABUSE

b482

Computers.  I love learning new software.  So much that I am the go-to person in my entire company and I don’t even work in the Systems department! Plus, when the company upgrades, I usually end up creating and giving a training to my superiors! My fingers itch to get into a good spreadsheet that I can sort and improve usability.

My daughter has the same trait times 2.  She finds drawing and editing software, teaches it to herself and masters the techniques.  She totally amazes me. 

Also, anything creative.  Sewing, writing, drawing, creative solutions, seeing ways to improve processes, colors, arranging, etc.

Communication and grammar.  Early on I discovered my gift for spelling.  Then in college, discovered I liked diagraming sentences and couldn’t understand why it was so hard for other people. I am unable to “beat around the bush” when communicating.  I am very direct, so it’s easy for me to communicate with people.  I am able to read people through their body language very easily. 

My daughter is a science and math guru. (Both were bad subjects for me.) She soaks up scientific facts like a sponge that never dries out.

REPORT ABUSE

tiggertracy

Yes b482 – I am the same way with computers! We definitely have strengths!

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)