Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

stratera

stratera2011-01-02T18:46:43+00:00

The Forums Forums Medication Strattera stratera

Free medication video
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

my daugher was diagnosed last year. she was given adderal at first, but her dr discouraged the use of a stimulant so after weeks of struggling with the insurance company authorize stratera we switched her. Has anyone else seen progress with Stratera? both drugs seem to work well. however after watching the videos on your site I am wondering if I am making the right decision. The side effects of Stratera (increased risk of suicide etc.) scare me. my daughter is doing well however, she has to take the stratera everyday at the same time if not she is emotional tired etc. I am just looking for another opinion from someone who has more experience. Thanks in advance for any replies!

REPORT ABUSE

Rick Green – Founder of TotallyADD
    Participant

Nubilita, you might get more responses if you post this in the Forums on Medication. They’re farther down the list.

This Forum tends to be about issues of relationships, living with ADDers, etc..

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I am on strattera and so is my 11 year old daughter. (how old is your daughter?)

Tasha was on concerta when she was first diagnosed but this caused her to have some really bad tantrums in the evenings, she was hard to get along with and just not herself. people would tell me it was her age but the more we increased her dose the worse the problems got. once I made the connection I stopped the pills and contacted my doctor to get an appointment right away. a few months later we finally got back into the peds office and she was put on strattera. she is doing much better on it, Im not seeing or hearing of any side effects from her and shes been on it for over 2 years now.

I started mine in sept, went through the appetite loss but that is gone now. I find i can handle things better, I have more energy, it is working well for me.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

my daughter was diagnosed at 7 years old. She’s now 22. We’ve tried a lot including stratera. I found it made her violent, lashing out at others and during her trial on stratera, she even shoplifted with some ‘friends’ after ditching school for the afternoon. Her pediatrician took her off and put her on adderall. When she takes it, it has proven very effective on her. I think the ADHD drugs are like a lot of other things in life. what works for one person may not work for another. If it is working for your daughter and the others are not, keep her on it.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I am on 350 m Wellbutrin, it doesnt seem to help with ADH i am hyper, anxious, absent, and my temper flares.

Added 50 m Stratera, other than dry mouth, headaches and some bluriness, I see no change to my ADH

I am so fed up with this … been going on for decades with limited effect. Mental Health in BC is more talk

than action … best i seem to get is take drugs.

fedup

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I can recommend a reputable pharmacy (Strattera) – http://www.online-med-shop.com/catalog/Bestsellers/Strattera.htm?refid=299 I received the order and it was on time and the pills work great.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)