Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

strattera

strattera2012-01-08T15:18:38+00:00

The Forums Forums Medication strattera

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

AMANDA1979

hi i have been on the drug strattera does any one else get a the chillls with being on the drug strattera like i do ? also get headaches alot with the drug to?i have been on this drug for awhile now and it help s alot for my adhd and i love it i wish this drug was out their when i was a child with adhd . like i shouldnt be underthe covers in 40 degrees in the summer time does that make sense? if any one could help me thanks

A

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

hi is it strattera or generic, is slight differences. The side effects vary from people to people, and different ages.

They seem to mostly go away after 6 weeks or more, for me and as i was told, but this isnt hard and fast rule.

I have been at 80 mg since early December, went up monthly … no really noticable change as yet .. but for adults it

supposedly takes longer than for kids. Havent had chills .. mostly dry mouth, urine retention and some sore muscles.

If you have access to a good pharmasist, ask them .. also check the info sheet on strattera, i dont recall chills.

How long did you take it before it started to help ?

Did you get chills from first taking it ?

good luck

REPORT ABUSE

AMANDA1979

HI TEA, it’s the drug strattera no it’s not the generic because i wont take generic because i heard to manything about generic brand.i have been on this drug a year now and it help me in about one week being on this drug i wish it was out their when i was a child . I have alway had the chills being on this drug! well now i have told my doctor and now she going to contact my adhd doctor . when i started takeing this drug i didnt have the chills before going on this drug.when i first takeing the drug the first time i notice the change in me was when i did was working out at the gym and i didnt here all the noise around me and i have never had a drug like this work this way for me ? do you like the drug strattera? everyone one is different with this drug i heard it effect them differnent. i hope to find out in two week about the chills and headaches . thanks good luck to :-)

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Amanda … yes my hancs and feet feel frozen .. but when i asked my pharmascist, she said they were actually warm.

Also getting headaches and muschel aches .. shoulders and neck … and anxiety attacks .as well as urine retention and

genitial pain .

I took Strattera for 5 months and familly doctor and i decided to quit it . Then the with drawal side effects started.

so i reported the withdrawal problems to the Canada Health Drug site … no reply beyond the automatic ..someone will contact.

sent an email to Caddra but they dont actually provide any information ..

soo many useless siteds that post the same information and advocate self help because there is no government help

only what you can afford to pay for your self.

canada used to promote its health care as being accessable to all canadians .. the implication was that the canadians who

needed health care .. would get it … the reallity is that only minimal services are available and the rest is going to cost lots.

i am fed up wtth the smoke and mirrors crap .. the bloated administrative/political structure that gets salaries and benefits

and provides fancy websites like bc mental health .. telling us how self help will do the trick…. such crap

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

The problem with the provincial health care systems is they have tried to fund too many areas of healthcare.

The expectation of many people is that healthcare should some how be free. The reality is the tax payer can”t fund everything.

like questionable educational websites

Unfortunately areas like mental health including ADD/ADHD are underfunded. There needs to be private investment in certain areas

such as cardiac care, orthopedics, etc. through private care that can be well supported. Then more public money can be allocated to mental health. There needs to be more psychiatric services available. GP’s do not have the expertise to make the correct diagnostic and treatment decisions in areas like ADHD

There is a lot of administrative overhead that is not necessary. Also certain services are underutilized.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I can recommend a reputable pharmacy (Strattera) – http://www.online-med-shop.com/catalog/Bestsellers/Strattera.htm?refid=299 I received the order and it was on time and the pills work great.

REPORT ABUSE

Scattybird
    Participant

Hello Laura3588 – what a remarkable coincidence. Lora2772 posted a similar link – she only joined the forum yesterday and now you today.

Welcome. But isn’t it safer to get the pills from a pharmacist who knows what else you’re taking and who can contact your doctors? Just my humble suspicious opinion.

REPORT ABUSE

shutterbug55
    Participant

I started Strattera several months ago. It works very well for my ADHD and I had some side effects that went away after 30 days or so. Nausea, no throwing up, just thinking I wanted to. I only ate when I was absolutely starved, and once I did, felt horrible for a while. I had that “fever and chills” feeling during that time as well.

When those effects disappeared, I noticed my boy parts weren’t working. We are still trying to sort that one out. So far vitamin “V” seems to work. You shouldn’t have to worry about that, Amanda. I am just looking for an ADD med that did the opposite! ;)

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)