Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Strattera and weight gain

Strattera and weight gain2012-11-19T01:32:11+00:00

The Forums Forums Medication Strattera Strattera and weight gain

Free medication video
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have been taking strattera since 2006, on and off, with the goal always being to reach 60mg. When I was trying to finish up CEGEP (equivalent to college) I was taking it on a regular basis and it helped me get my marks up for university. My first year of university was as a mature student, only taking three classes, and at this time I weighed 175 pounds, I was not taking Strattera. Once I was registered to a real program (education) I began taking it more regularly. I take breaks during the summer, because you absolutely can not party with this drug in your system. I started to notice a weight gain immediately, this was in 2010. By the end of 2011 I weighed 215 pounds. I attribute this to how hungry the pill makes me, and how tired it makes me. I think that I feel it in my stomach as hunger, and the fatigue signals me to eat for energy. Since september I have been working out more and more intensely and frequently, and trying to speed up my metabolism by eating smaller and more frequently. In a day, I consume significantly less then what I would normally, even when I was 175. I now weigh 195 pounds, but I am just unable to shed body fat, even after a year of being careful with what I eat. I am on 40mg of Strattera. There is another issue that has come up, and although the body fat one is of concern, this one concerns me more. Since I have been working out, I have been having very very violent dreams, and very very violent day dreams. I am either I love humanity, or I hate humanity. I fantasize about suicide, not about me killing myself necessary, but about the option to, and of other doing it. I sometimes have violent dreams that wake me up scared out of my mind. Are there correlations between exercise routine and violent dreams? I also snap much faster than I would normally. Do other people have these issues?

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)