Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Strattera … heart disease, high blood pressure or just an excess of caution?

Strattera … heart disease, high blood pressure or just an excess of caution?2012-01-10T16:03:31+00:00

The Forums Forums Medication Strattera Strattera … heart disease, high blood pressure or just an excess of caution?

Free medication video
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

This was on Health Canada. If asympomatic means not showing the expected symptoms, then of what use is the warning?

It would seem that the amphetamines may do the same stuff, so is it personal choice, a guess, or meaningfull?

New Health Canada Information on Strattera

October 24, 2011

A new safety information announcement, which warns of the risk of increased blood pressure and increased heart rate with the use of Strattera (atomoxetine), has been published on the Health Canada website. Atomoxetine should not be prescribed to patients with symptomatic cardiovascular diseases, moderate to severe hypertension or severe cardiovascular disorders whose condition would be expected to deteriorate if they experienced clinically important increases in blood pressure or heart rate, according to the information sheet released last Monday (October 24, 2011) by Eli Lilly in conjunction with Health Canada. Further information is available in the health professional notice (PDF).

I had an irregular heart beat for 14 years with blackouts, finally diagnosed in 1998. had ablasion, fixed. Had high blood pressure, was

finally treated and it is now in the low average. Angiogram 4 years ago, no major risks, a few minor clogs typical of being near 60.

I can’t seriously find anything that significantly shows real risks … lots of warnings of maybe, kinda, butt covering,

but nothing that shows numbers of actually occurances. I guess it is personnal choice. :)??

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)