Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Strattera info?

Strattera info?2012-03-26T22:59:58+00:00

The Forums Forums Medication Strattera info?

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

shutterbug55
    Participant

My doc wants to switch me to Strattera. I am on Adderall right now, and the side effects vs. benefits are starting to tip toward the side effects out weighing the benefits.

Has anyone taken Strattera? If so, how did it do for you? What did you notice it helping? What were your side effects? Any other information you care to add would be greatly appreciated.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi ShutterBug, I’ve been on Strattera for almost 8 weeks. In many repects I like it. I no longer need several hours or cups of coffee to function. That change happened almost right away. Other changes happened over a period of weeks. It varies from person to person. I can pay attention to school reading, some of it pretty dry stuff for radically longer periods of time. I used to find reasons after a few minutes to do something else. Now I’m good for up to 3 hours. This is huge for me. I find I’m more motivated to get going on things. I’m not at home right now so there’s no housework, but even when I left for my course a few weeks ago, I was more inspired to get going on the dishes decluttering than before.

Side effects. Over time they have eased. I was nauseous for a couple days, also a little dizzy. That disappeared quickly. Dry mouth – still an issue but TicTacs do a good job of keeping my mouth moist. And you’ll probably want to make sure you eat lots of fiber. Lots and lots. More than you ever imagined or wanted.

This has been my experience with it so far. Everyone is different. Males can have some additional concerns from what I hear.

I’m also on a low amount of Wellbutrin – 10 mg. I think it’s fairly common to be on both.

REPORT ABUSE

shutterbug55
    Participant

Thank you for the reply, Bella! I heard about the additional issues males have with Strattera. Right now, that isn’t as high on my list of priorities because my symptoms of ADD completely eclipse any desire to be near people, let alone having to worry about the proper functioning of my male bits. If it does become an issue, there is always Vitamin “V” 🙄

How high a dose do they have you on? Is it one of those drugs that you need to establish a “loading dose” before backing off the amount?

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m on 40 mg. That’s what I started on. I might be interested in stepping it up a notch, but not if it increases the dry mouth and this insane craving for fiber.

I hear good things about that “special” vitamin!

REPORT ABUSE

nellie

bellamon how long does it take before you start to notice the effects? I heard two weeks but does it kick in slowly or do you suddenly wake up wide awake at day 14?

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

nellie, I guess it varies from person to person. I felt perkier in the morning almost right away. I normally don’t bother with coffee anymore. I started to notice changes in concentration at about 3 weeks. Now it’s been 8 or 9 weeks, so I guess I have max effect. For me it’s working better than anything else.

REPORT ABUSE

nellie

Thanks Bellamom.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

You might want to start to go here first.

http://totallyadd.com/forum/topic.php?id=1341

There is a whole section on Strattera

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I can recommend a reputable pharmacy (Strattera) – http://www.online-med-shop.com/catalog/Bestsellers/Strattera.htm?refid=299 I received the order and it was on time and the pills work great.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)