Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Strattera – Question from Male collegues only!

Strattera – Question from Male collegues only!2011-05-14T12:27:32+00:00

The Forums Forums Medication Strattera – Question from Male collegues only!

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Have You noticed decrease in Libido or weak erection while on Strattera.

Was it Temporary?

Any personal experience or thoughts..

REPORT ABUSE

michaelbp

difficult to get a woody while taking strattera.

If I’m off it for a day or two, seems to work much better (but still weak).

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

yes and also urinary retention, although that seems to get less mention .. strange drugs

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

It takes a long time for Stattera to level out and take full effect and for the side effects to subside. Over and over again I see people saying the side effects were intolerable and that they are stopping the medication and I honestly think that’s a huge mistake.

When I started on it my doctor told me that it will be months before side effects subside and they will be minimal once you reach a stable dosage and that’s exactly how it went. Side effects in the first 3 months while ramping up the dosage were quite pronounced.

I’m at 120mg (off label but still within the body-weight/dose guidelines) now for more than year and a half and I have virtually no side effects and life changing benefits.

The only side effect remaining is “modified ejaculation” which for me at least means that I dribble before I spit so to speak. No issues with erections or libido or anything else at this point.

REPORT ABUSE

billd

I had to laugh at these – not because of the people or what’s posted, but because it shows just how LITTLE my doctors knew! When I told them of “side effects” the response was “that shouldn’t happen, stop taking it immediately!”

Good grief! Sad when folks in a forum know more about meds than a doctor or pharmacist………

I didn’t have those side effects, it just “felt funny”, almost like I was sick or something. things worked, just not “pleasurable” or however it should be worded. when i peed – it felt like, well, I was feeling it leave, never had that sensation before. And here the docs said “stop taking it!”

After not even a full month.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Lurkness, thankyou. Most of my symptoms have gone away. Still odd feeling when I pee, but it works so no major concerns.

I seem to have been lucky with family doctor for a change. He said to watch and wait. It seems that I am adjusting somewhat to

the Straterra, only 60m, so could go to 80, but the costs are a killer. Wellbutrin and Straterra .. have to wait 4- 6 weeks to see if there

is a change. laughs, honest Doctor, reminded me that I am his only old ADHD patient, so it is new for both of us.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)