Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Success! A small one, but still…

Success! A small one, but still…2011-07-13T14:22:05+00:00

The Forums Forums Tools, Techniques & Treatments Time Management Success! A small one, but still…

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

I love my dog. I’m pretty sure she has ADD too; she’s got hunting instincts, goes into hyperfocus mode and has tons of energy. Anyway, she loves the dog park, but I only get to take her on Saturdays–no time during the week. I usually take her for a 20 minute walk instead. She likes it, but it’s not the same as doggie freedom.

Based on the videos on this site, I made a list of my “perfect day.” It starts at 6:00 am and I drive Sedona (my dog) to the park, we play for half an hour and drive back. I figured it would take 90 minutes (15 minute drive each way, 15 minutes of faffing time each way and 30 minutes of play). Well, today I did it. I had a series of early morning calls at work, and normally I would use all of the morning getting ready. Today, I said screw it, and took Sedona to the park.

It took a lot less time than I thought, she loved it, and I got to work on time anyway. I even picked up the dry cleaning that had been taunting me since last week. And PS, three of my four calls were cancelled this morning.

REPORT ABUSE

Deborah

Hi Pete-puma, I’ve wondered about our dog too! Then one day found the book “all dogs have ADHD” by Kathy Hoopmann. We enjoyed the pictures and story so much :)

REPORT ABUSE

Deborah

PS Congratulations on your success! It’s so uplifting to hear, thank you!!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Even a small success is a step in the right direction. Congrats!

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)