Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Sudden Spacey-ness

Sudden Spacey-ness2015-12-25T12:47:51+00:00

The Forums Forums Medication Vyvanse Sudden Spacey-ness

Free medication video
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

kriskris

Hi, I’m 17 years old and have been taking 20mg of Vyvanse since August. At first it seemed like a miracle, all other ADHD medicines I had tried for 4 years had some kind of constant side effect that bothered me. However, Vyvanse seemed like the perfect medicine for me. A few days ago, my mind started to get very spacey and dizzy– like the feeling I get when I forget to take my medicine. This feeling hasn’t gone away so I took my clonodine, which increases the effects of my medicine without increasing the dosage. Now, I currently feel extremely spacey and slightly dizzy. It feels like my mind is filled with cotton balls. I would call the pharmacy but as it is Christmas, they currently aren’t open. Is there an explanation for this? Has anyone felt anything similar?

REPORT ABUSE

wiredonjava
    Participant

I looked up clonidine and some of the side effects which need attention and they were confusion and dizziness, if that’s what’s you’re describing. If this is taken for high BP then I guess you need it, but since I am not an expert., I’d say take it easy until tomorrow and get medical help about what to do next. Avoid driving and take into account an acquired sensitivity to a previously well tolerated drug. I had a similar reaction to Gravol. Fine for years with it then all of a sudden I was sweating profusely with a racing heart. My sister had the same reaction and needed a beta blocker. Be careful and hang on until first thing in the morning. Tell your family what you’re experiencing too. Have a Merry Christmas by the way, well as best as you can under the circumstances!

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)