Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Suggestion to Forum owners

Suggestion to Forum owners2010-12-14T02:42:05+00:00

The Forums Forums Tools, Techniques & Treatments Suggestion to Forum owners

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi all,

Not sure where to put this suggestion, but here goes. I’ve been looking around the forums and noticed a very important component that you’re missing: A SEARCH tool! Take it from someone who has been around a lot of forums over the years, you need to give people the ability to easily search trhough the forums for topics and answers already covered, otherwise people will be answering a lot of the same questions over, and over, and over again. Your forums will be much more efficient!

-Jack

REPORT ABUSE

bucklipe

I totally concur with Norseman. A search tool would allow us to find topics that have the “terms” we are looking for. It takes way too much time to look around for things. I have generally just given up looking (ADD has it’s limitations)…

REPORT ABUSE

turbo

+1 – we definitely need a search tool here.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

We could always do this: http://www.google.com/cse/home?cx=009393569792960624090:awvnxbq-xzm

Mind you, you’d have to go to a separate page every time to search anything…

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ve never seen that before, Megatron. Good one.

I would have just said search Google like this:

site:totallyadd.com/forum/ +”your search term”

I also wondered why there was no search tool the other day. I personally don’t like it when websites use Google (or worse, now BING) as their search tool provider. The results that the “Tag Cloud” delivers are clean and organized, so it is possible to do a private brand site search. Example of nice, ADD friendly search results using a Tag Cloud link:

http://totallyadd.com/forum/tags.php?tag=anxiety

I was able to search “anxiety” that way by swapping out the tagged word, but it’s mostly unreliable to do that for any ol search term–definitely not for multi-word searches.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for your comments regarding totally add search. You can now find a search box at the top right of the forum home page 😉

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)