Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

switching from adderal to stratterA

switching from adderal to stratterA2014-06-17T20:15:06+00:00

The Forums Forums Medication Strattera switching from adderal to stratterA

Free medication video
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

jjd7755

Hi all I am new to the site. Nice to find an add community. My doc just wrote me a script for strattera. I have been taking adderal for two and a half months since I have been diagnosed. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with strattera. I am afraid my add will skyrocket since Addy is obviously so much stronger. But the side effects I got from adderal are too much to handle.(paranoia anger sweating high bp) I am scared that straterra will be like a tic TAC lol. Any feedback welcomed.

REPORT ABUSE

scotty1

Hi,  My experiences are not like yours, but I switched from Strattera to Adderall.

The Strattera made me so tired, I honestly could not function at all.  Driving was not even possible.  My blood pressure had gone down 20pts systolic by day three at the low dosage in the starter pack.  I honestly think that if I continued with it, i would have gone into a coma.

The Adderall, at a mere 10mg, made me a little sleepy, but not near as much as the Strattera.  Also my blood pressure has only gone down a little bit.  So, in my opinion, Strattera is more medicating than Adderall.  Not a tic tac at all.

I am over a week into the Adderall now, and I think that anxiety is something my body  or brain cannot create.  I am so calm and collected on the Adderall, that I can’t believe it.  I must have been a mess all my life, and just thought it was normal.

Good luck with the Strattera.  I think we are all lab rats until the dosages and meds are right.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)