Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

the ADD & BPD couple dance

the ADD & BPD couple dance2011-08-24T20:34:49+00:00

The Forums Forums Emotional Journey My Story the ADD & BPD couple dance

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

caper

I’m separated from my wife, who for years has had behaviors indicating Borderline Personality Disorder. After separating I started dating and was amazed to be reminded what normal women are like. I’ve been thinking about what kept me hooked on my wife for so many years.

Throughout my youth I was an adrenaline junkie. I have a high IQ & excelled academically, so nobody suspected ADHD. I loved real roller-coasters, and I think the emotional roller-coaster of a BPD woman kept me hooked. I think the poor executive control(ability to suppress emotional impulses) of ADD contributed to the volatile dynamic of a relationship with a BP. After having kids I slowly lost much of my adrenaline addiction. I think that’s what lead me to separating from my wife — I stopped enjoying the ride.

REPORT ABUSE

powcat

I certainly have no idea what kind of struggle and pain you went through. I just want to stand up for us BPD ladies: we are actually normal too, we are a type of normal. We just need extra help; the right therapist, the right meds, and lots and lots of support.

Speaking for myself, I’m not proud of being an ’emotional roller-coaster.’ And trust me, what you’ve experienced as a roller-coaster was a full-on… I don’t know, rocketship on crack for her. :)

It’s possibly even more scary to not be able to predict and control your OWN emotions, you know? take care.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)