Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

The ADD/ADHD TEST — SOMETHING MISSING?

The ADD/ADHD TEST — SOMETHING MISSING?2010-12-09T21:40:43+00:00

The Forums Forums I Just Found Out! I Suspect I Am The ADD/ADHD TEST — SOMETHING MISSING?

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

I just took the ADD/ADHD test on this website and it seems that the very things I just read about as being possible symptoms or components of having ADD are not addressed in this test. I’ve always thought that I might have ADD because I am extremely easily distracted and have poor concentration; when I saw the video on PBS and they talked about angry outbursts, insecurity and hypersensitivity as being part of some ADD people’s makeup I thought–oh my god, that’s me. I get enraged over small things and I’ve always had this mysterious anger about situations and inamimate objects–not people. It distressed me not to have this addressed on the test. Is it or is it not a sign or sympton of ADD/ADHD??? Thanks!

REPORT ABUSE

billd

It’s not all-inclusive and is intended only to signal if you have the need to find out via a professional. If you score low, then not so much need to go farther. If you score high, then you need to go further – to a professional.

They really don’t need to address all symptoms if you have what is it, 6 out of that test?

I’ve also got a ton of symptoms that fit, but getting all answers a resounding yes, I guess the fact they misses my sensitivity, insecurity, etc. – didn’t matter, all else fit, so it pretty much explains those symptoms, too, maybe.

I now know I need to go seek a professional. Good enough for me.

BTW – reading your post it looks like I have yet another sibling!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

dear billd — thanks, belatedly, for the reasonable and helpful response!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

There is another more mundane reason for many of the things you hear associated with ADHD not being on a screening test.

They may not be actual symptoms of ADHD at all. Determining ADHD is all about specific symptoms relevant to diagnostic criterion, and many of the things we may think of as symptoms of ADHD are, rather, “side effects” from the actual symptoms themselves. Quite a lot of the side effects can be, and often are, common to many who don’t have ADHD at all.

Side effects are not usually a good idea to include in screenings, and that is why they are not included in truly good ones.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I scored 9/9, shocked at age 83 to discover this for the first time,. I think it to be true or at least worth investigating

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I scored close to maximum on both parts of the test, but my profile says I probably don’t have ADHD. What’s up with that?

REPORT ABUSE

billd

Yeah, I’ve been pretty proud lately. In college I had a 4.0 average – and in the tests of basic skills in school, I was always in the top 10.

Now with the ADD tests, I continue my quest for perfect scores……… and typically “ace” those tests, too.

I hear them mumble under their breath as they score things like “wow” and “uh-huh” and “geesh”.

Last one was a 90 minute “interview” through an intake nurse. It was then later scored and read by the “what-ever-she-is” person who after just a few minutes into my appointment stopped all conversation and said “Bill, I have absolutely no doubt you have ADHD”.

So even on test were getting a high score isn’t necessarily a good thing – I get high/near perfect scores.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I scored high, have started to be aware of how hyper and exhausted i am and how my conversations are seen … others refer to it

as being like standing in front of a high pressure hose. I seem to fit the pattern .. reading Amen’s site i may be type 6 //

I don’t know if i can find any professionals who can deal though .. shortage of doctors and little or know psych in BC towns.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)