Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

The Best To-Do List Software evah!

The Best To-Do List Software evah!2012-11-16T12:15:46+00:00

The Forums Forums Tools, Techniques & Treatments Time Management The Best To-Do List Software evah!

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Bill

To-Do lists have been my nemesis for so long. I would get angry with myself and sit down with a piece of paper to organize myself. It would quickly get to two pages. I’d feel overwhelmed and never look at it again. Electronic was no better. I’d fill my Outlook with Tasks and then ignore them when the little red flags started to gang up on me. Recently I installed a new organizer and it’s the only one that I have gone back to and continued to use. It’s called My Life Organized http://www.mylifeorganized.net/

My problem with to-do lists is how they keep growing. I would see one thing and that would spark two or three others, until the whole thing got overwhelming. What I like about this system is that you enter everything, organized however you want. You then assign contexts (like work or personal) to them and rate them on importance and urgency. The system then creates the to-do list. The power comes when you filter the list by context, so that you see only the work items or the personal items. Then it’s not so overwhelming.

The trick is to look at it every day, to build it into the morning routine. My tendency is to dive into the first thing I think of.

What works for you? How do you build up that good habit of organization?

Bill

REPORT ABUSE

Amy

Thanks for posting this! I’ll check it out! I wish though the Windows version + the Full version of the mobile app wasn’t so expensive though. I’m using Remember the Milk right now (pro version), but it has its limitations. I like that you can break down projects into to do tasks.

REPORT ABUSE

Bill

Hi Amy,

Thanks for your response.

Yes, I’m interested in the other products out there (particularly while I’m still in the 30 day free trial period!)

Bill

REPORT ABUSE

Fabulous

LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE

REPORT ABUSE

Amy

I tried out My Life Organized, and I think I’m going to stick with the pro version of Remember the Milk ($25 a year). MLO was too cost-prohibitive for my budget. It seems to be a good project/to do software package though! If it cost a little less, I’d give it a second look!

REPORT ABUSE

Amy

I liked Skoach too, but I wish it had an app for either Android or iphone.

http://skoach.com/

REPORT ABUSE

Bill

Update – I am continuing to use MLO and have now purchased it for my PC and smartphone. I am a consultant and project manager (perfect ADHD career choice, I know!) and really need to juggle multiple projects for multiple clients, as well as remembering the milk.

It has a LOT of features, but what I like is that I can just get the stuff into the package any which way and then organize it later. So, I set up the task on my phone when I think of it, and organize it when I’m back at my desk.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)