Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

The book 3 steps to Conquering ADD

The book 3 steps to Conquering ADD2010-02-22T20:44:35+00:00

The Forums Forums Tools, Techniques & Treatments The book 3 steps to Conquering ADD

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

BAM123
    Participant

Does anyone know about this book and the supplements it claims help overcome ADD?

Any info on it?…

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

For those who don’t recognize that book: http://3stepsadd.com/

Since that guy is promoting fear that prescriptions for ADHD are a “conspiracy”, I’d say it is more

than likely that this guy’s main focus is in selling books to people who have a fear of drugs.

Selling to fear has always been highly profitable and the field of ADHD is one of the largest fear

markets of all time, given that so many people are involved or concerned.

The fact he won’t tell you is that most, if not all of the medications we use can be obtained in

generic forms. That’s not exactly a prescription for vast conspiracies to accumulate undeserved

wealth. They’re already raking in far more money on heart and cancer drugs anyway, so there’s

little point in annoying the most intelligent and outspoken group of people in the world.

Here’s three steps that really do work and you don’t have to give me your credit card number.

In order of importance:

• Make sure you get a good doctor who will adjust and change your prescription to get results.

If it doesn’t feel good you’re not doing it right yet, so keep trying until you do.

• Get plenty of rest at night. A good night’s sleep every night will have a remarkable effect if you

weren’t sleeping well, and most of us tend to have that problem. This is why your doctor will

always be asking about how well you are sleeping while he tunes up your prescription.

• Daily exercise, a good diet (pick the margarines with Omega-3, for example), and the support of

friends and family are healthy for anybody; but for us it’s much more important. If somebody’s

being a drag or trying to tell you what to do about ADHD and prescriptions, walk away and stay

away until they start letting you be in charge of your own life.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

After inspecting that site more closely it becomes obvious that the whole aim is to sell “memberships”.

Each and every blog entry, for example, is truncated with an ad to buy a “membership” so you can

continue reading the rest of that post.

It’s all sales, sales and more sales over there, feeding people’s fears for nineteen bucks a month.

Even while giving away the book for (nearly) free, they have already made a profit with the first month’s

bill, automatically drawn from your credit card for your convenience. Pretty transparent, in my opinion.

REPORT ABUSE

BAM123
    Participant

Thanks very much for your thoughtful and informative response. I am at the beginning of the curve here, just self diagnosed through online quizzes and discussing my symptims with my doctor. He put me on adderal and said that is mist likely the med that a Phycologist would prescribe first any way. It really heloed with my symptoms, but I discovered it was increasing my B P and I stopped it. It seems very difficult to find a specialits and I’m not sure what to do. I decided to visit my nutritionis and revamp my diet based on the ALCAT blood test – which actually shows what foods your body is intolernat to and soem natual supplemnets like Bacopa Complex, Mid Tran and Cataplex G.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Someone I know well (who I perhaps shouldn’t “out” publicly – so will remain unnamed) had awful BP problems with several medications. Once on Stratera, however, these went away, along with other side effects. There seem to be a number of medications out there, so don’t give up. You will eventually find the right thing.

I find the whole idea of being on (another!) medication overwhelming and scary. We just have to hang in there.

Being on the right diet will help – anything that makes you healthier is a good idea, but it quite likely won’t be enough to manage all your symptoms.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

oops

spelled it wrong. It’s Strattera. (Helps if you want to do a search…)

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)