Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

The Human Connectome Project

The Human Connectome Project2013-02-17T13:46:11+00:00

The Forums Forums What is it? The Neurology The Human Connectome Project

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Patte Rosebank
    Participant

According to the article,

The HCP is a five-year project funded by the National Institutes of Health. The aim the $40m programme is to map the entire human neural wiring system by scanning the brains of 1,200 Americans.

Researchers will also collect genetic and behavioural data from the subjects in order to build up a complete picture of the factors that influence the human psyche.

Typically, my first reaction was, “Look at those beautiful bright colours in the photos!”

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-21487016

REPORT ABUSE

Patte Rosebank
    Participant

This is mind-blowing stuff.  It’s going to help scientists to understand—and even predict—conditions like Alzheimer’s, Autism, and Dyslexia.

That “someday”, when these conditions will be diagnosed with a brain scan instead of the written & task-based tests we currently use, is getting closer!

Here’s the official website:   http://www.humanconnectomeproject.org

REPORT ABUSE

sar316

for a fun, relaxing mind break (or so I think) eyewire.org is a site setup that allows the common person to play a game of ‘map the retina neurons’. You work you way through a very small segment of an unmapped neuron and hundreds of people do the same all working to the same goal. Its a great break and you get to help science so therefor a justifiable break, like I need more reasons to not do what I need to!

REPORT ABUSE

blackdog

Ooh, the colours are pretty.

I want to have my brain scanned. Can I? Please?

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)