Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Thoughts on being diagnosed as an adult woman in Sweden.

Thoughts on being diagnosed as an adult woman in Sweden.2014-03-07T16:25:41+00:00

The Forums Forums Emotional Journey My Story Thoughts on being diagnosed as an adult woman in Sweden.

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

kc5jck
    Participant

Good luck, and don’t let them know you burnt the goat.  🙂

REPORT ABUSE

helenboll

Say what @kc5jck!? Did you just google that? =)

Anyhow; I would never. I think of the children! And the drunks trying to set it aflame with lighters. And everybody who thinks they could do it with a bow and arrow. =)

REPORT ABUSE

blackdog

@helenboll

Congratulations! I’m happy everything is going well. 🙂

I get accused of being lefty, or communist, or whatever, all the time. And no one ever believes me when I say I know nothing about politics. I just say what I think. And what I think is that we need to stop thinking of it as politics and just start thinking of it as doing what is right. What will be of the greatest benefit for everyone? That is the question.

@sdwa

If you’re a raging communist, I’m a raving lunatic. Because I think making wealthy people pay their fair share is  just a good place to start. In an ideal world, there would be no poor people. Which of course means there would also be no wealthy people, since the existence of one depends on the existence of the other.

I applied for welfare once, many years ago. I had just flunked out of college, due to ADHD and depression, and I met a guy from another province who was on student welfare. I thought this was a great idea, a way to go back to college without the fear of getting further in debt.

But it turned out there was no such thing as student welfare in Ontario. In fact, I was not allowed to go to school at all while on welfare. Instead, I was expected to go out and apply for no less than 60 jobs a week, obtaining proof (phone number and contact name) from each place I went to, and take the very first job that was offered, no matter what it was or how much it paid. That’s when I learned the truth about all the reports on the news where the government bragged about how many people they had gotten off of welfare and back to work. Sure, they were working. But they could still barely afford to buy groceries and had no chance of improving their situation.

I ended up being cut off in my second month because I didn’t apply for enough jobs. I was trying, but half the places I went to just said they weren’t hiring and refused to even accept a resume or give me a contact name for my sheet. Then one day I injured my knee, walking to the other side of the city to apply for a job because I couldn’t afford to take the bus. I explained that my inability to walk was the reason I hadn’t applied for more jobs but it didn’t matter.

The maximum amount a single person could get at that time was just under $600/month. And the cheapest rent available in my city was about $500/month. I felt sorry for the other people I met at the office who were far worse off than I was. I was living with my parents and had very few expenses. I spent the money that I was given on a new pair of shoes and some decent clothes to wear to job interviews, and a few personal hygiene items. It made me feel guilty when I heard one man asking if they could give him a bus pass so he could stop spending his grocery money on bus fare while he looked for work. Of course, they said no. They also said no to the woman who asked if she could get help to buy some clothes for a job interview. She was told she could get the clothing allowance after she got the job, which she probably never got because she didn’t have the right clothes for the interview.

REPORT ABUSE

sdwa
    Participant

@helenboll

Good luck with the interview. That’s great news.

@blackdog

I like your kind of lunacy. It’s one of my favorites.

REPORT ABUSE

helenboll

So, we are three, possibly four, raving lunatic leftie commies in this little forum. Awesomeness!

Sweden is about to blow up, lemme tell you! Last weekend, a bunch of nazis were waiting for a couple of people who had been to a 8th of March-celebration, and attacked them with knives. One of the men attacked is still in a coma in hospital. The police, government and media are calling it a brawl, and not attempted murder. Media is going crazy rapporting about violence from the left, when what happened is the exact opposite.

People all over the world are sending their best wishes to him, which is good to see: https://www.facebook.com/kaempakamrater?fref=ts

A new feminist party, F!; is getting new members like crazy. I believe things are about to change here, people are waking up.

REPORT ABUSE

blackdog

@helenboll

That’s terrible. I do hope things improve. Like I said before, if people would stop worrying about being on one side of the political fence or the other and just focus on what the best thing to do is we could make some real progress towards a better world.

I can’t even comment on the nazis. It is a mindset that is so strange and alien that it renders me speechless. And as anyone who reads this forum knows, that rarely happens. 😉

And that is enough politics for now.

What’s a “8th of March celebration”? Is it an annual holiday there or something?

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)