Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Thyroid

Thyroid2010-12-20T17:20:23+00:00

The Forums Forums Ask The Community Thyroid

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

GerrryD

I noted somewhere in my research that Thyroid disease has a relationship to ADD, is this a fact?

REPORT ABUSE

Ivriniel
    Participant

There have been studies that found a positive correlation between thyroid hormone resistance and the symptoms of ADHD in some patients.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/1997/03/970312165726.htm

The question I would have about this research is whether the patients were misdiagnosed with ADHD in the first place, given that we know that thyroid disease can cause ADHD-like symptoms.

Anyone who thinks they might have ADHD would probably do well to have their thyroid levels checked out. For myself, my Dad read an article about thyroid disease when I was a teenager, and suggested that I go to the Doctor. My thyroid function came back as normal, but I don’t know if they test for the specific hormones that were involved in this study.

REPORT ABUSE

GerrryD

I was diagnosed with ADD after finding out my Thyroid was under active Hypothyroidism. I know there is a link between depression and Hypothyrodism.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)