Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Time management at work and not being able to let bad situations go…any advice

Time management at work and not being able to let bad situations go…any advice2013-07-20T20:35:11+00:00

The Forums Forums Tools, Techniques & Treatments Time Management Time management at work and not being able to let bad situations go…any advice

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

phoenixmagicgirl

I had a really frustrating day between my boss and I…long story short it comes down to me needing to work on time management. I’m usually pretty good at it but its frustrating to have days when it all goes wrong… does anyone have any advice on how to get better at this? I work in a cafe and am always busy doing something (be it clearing off food, doing a project for my boss in the office etc). Also does anyone else have any trouble not being able to let things go…I tend to harp on bad situations over and over and it puts me in a bad mood. any advice for that too would be appreciated!

REPORT ABUSE

blackdog

@phoenixmagicgirl -My single biggest problem at work is always time management. And the second biggest is probably not letting go of things that stress me out. The stress was so bad at my last job that I couldn’t even handle working two days a week.

Unfortunately, I can’t offer much advice, since I don’t deal with either problem very well. It always astonishes me when I realize the day is almost over and I haven’t accomplished anything. I just don’t know where the time goes. And I can get so stressed over something that it just occupies all my thoughts to the point where I can barely function.

Letting go of things that are beyond your control is usually the number one tip for relieving stress. But it’s easier said than done.

One thing I found helped a little with time management on the really bad days was making a list of what I had to do. Not a list for the whole day. Just the first few jobs that need to be done. I would cross them off as I went and then take a break when I was done. Then make another list. And if I was expecting a really busy day I would try to prepare mentally the night before, going over the things I needed to do in the morning to get ready, what I was going to do first when I got to work.Also, try talking to your boss. You don’t have to say anything about your ADHD if you don’t want to. But try just expressing how you feel and what you need. Let her know when you’re feeling overwhelmed.

I guess I did have some advice after all. LOL 🙂

Hope everything is going okay for you.

REPORT ABUSE

phoenixmagicgirl

@blackdog. Your advice was very helpful! I’ve also found it helpful to make specific goals to get done each day. My boss is very helpful with all of this… which makes my job that much better.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)