Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

to much concerta dont want to get addicted …………….

to much concerta dont want to get addicted …………….2012-04-20T22:44:22+00:00

The Forums Forums Medication Concerta to much concerta dont want to get addicted …………….

Free medication video
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi all glad i can ask this question to people who understand.

I was diagnosed a few months back and given concerta.

at 36mg this work really well i felt like calm and focused. I thought this is what most people must feel like most of the time. I felt like i could read finish emails and start project i have been thinking about for a life time.

over time my dose was raised to 74mg some in the morning and some mid after noon.

all went well for a while. then i started to feel the effect ware of after 2 hrs or so i allso felt really bad anxiety. I took more which stoped the anxiety if i did not take more i would drink to chill out.

I am worried now that i might be getting addict or using it at to high a level.

I would like some real world answers about conceta and how best to use it and how much is to much.

I spoke to Dr Peter Mason who diagnosed me about how to use the meds and he said i could use it when i needed it. I took that to mean if i have a busy day it would be ok to keep taking them after they have stop working. sort of top up on them.

I have taken over 170mg on some days maybe more.

I have done this as i have had to focus for a long periods of time and also to avoid the crash, which i find awful i can barely go out or talk to people.

i am really looking for ideas and help on how to hit a happy spot with the meds and also what levels people think is to high.

thanks

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Have u considered trying a different med? My son seems to build up a tolerance to meds over time and needs to switch! It sounds likeu may be unconsciously self medicating with drinking. IMO I would try another med before upping the currentone again:-) Good luck!

REPORT ABUSE

shilde

Sounds like your taking way too much. I was on Concerta 56mg once a day and my shrink wouldnt raise me ppast that. Maybe you should see a different doctor

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

QUOTE: I was diagnosed a few months back and given concerta.

at 36mg this work really well i felt like calm and focused. I thought this is what most people must feel like most of the time. I felt like i could read finish emails and start project i have been thinking about for a life time.

over time my dose was raised to 74mg some in the morning and some mid after noon

…………………………………………………….

If you was started at 36mg and all was well, why did they increase it!!

74mg is the >>MAX<< dose and you should certainly NOT DRINK on these meds ( heart etc ).

Perhaps you need to find out the reason as to why your doctor increased and try to half the dose over time

WOFH

Pete xx

REPORT ABUSE

Robbo

I gave myself a new rule 27 minates ago. I’m breakin it one time. Just don’t want to forget.

Hey, pete, Can I post that poetry on the Humble request to webmaster thread? The one that reminded me of Pink Floyd The Wall? I think I might want to post it on my facebook page. It’s a web page apart from facebook. Kinda like a separate web site like thing that can be accessed from a persons facebook page. (I think, still learning how facebook works) I really want to just put up a web site. But finding a place I can do that without accepting “other people’s” advertising is difficult. I might be willing to pay some money for the freedom to not advertise anything but love on my web site. Not even religion.

“Love is my religion” that’s what it says on my daughters facebook place. I think that’s cool. And actually very much the essence of real spirituality. Religion is something humanity uses as an excuse for every crime there is, or should be a law for.

I shall wait..

later tomater.

REPORT ABUSE

trashman

Ok, hears what I know about concerta I have been taking this drug in one form or another since october 2010. The info I have gathered is that the max dose is 108mg per 24hr day. according to my docs and pharmacies that there is no benefit after that amount . so I would talk to my doc and google max doses for this drug.

ROBBO, I am a HUGE pink floyd fan. I can hardly Waite till the end of may to see Rodger Waters and his show the wall!!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

@ Trashman

Quote: 74mg is the >>MAX<< dose

It seems a very gray area indeed!

My advice came from the Uk’s leading ADD research hospital.

If they say that and GP’s in the UK, say different, it just goes to highlight the lack of knowlege of ADD in general!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

@ Robbo

Of course you can fella ;)

REPORT ABUSE

Robbo

Are ya doing okay wonderingmind?. You’re post sounds a lil bit scary. I hope you’re also doing lot’s of the rest of the solution to our problems. Journaling, reading a lot here etc. Medication’s just a small part of the solution. I know every case is different. Also I know I’m speaking for a bunch when I say I hope ya keep in touch. People here really care a lot.

N thanks pete. Keep dat cool stuff coming man.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)