Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Tool for the Digital person… (I hope im putting this in the right place)

Tool for the Digital person… (I hope im putting this in the right place)2012-09-27T16:02:24+00:00

The Forums Forums Tools, Techniques & Treatments Organizing & De-Cluttering Tool for the Digital person… (I hope im putting this in the right place)

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

ph0t0bug

I just wanted to mention an App for the iPad and iPhone that has really helpped me out. Ill start out by saying that I have NO stake in this company, this is not an advertisement for this App,, I just found it REALLY useful. Because I carry my iPad and iPhone with me everywhere I can add things to my list and make my prioritys on the fly. Its really intutive and to be quite honest it looks like it was made for the ADHDer. Its called Errands To-Do list. It has reminders built in, you can add check-lists to the tasks, date the tasks, reminders which include what they calll “Nag every Min.” which I found funny but great for reminding me that I need to keep on track and get something done. The best part is it is a fully functional App for free. They do have a Premium version but the guy who made it even admitied that the premium dosent give you that much more and its more of a donation to feed him and his dog. I just wanted to share the joy I have found in finding this little gem in the digital world.

REPORT ABUSE

allan wallace

Ifeel intimidated by technology, and don’t have any of the super fancy modern phone thingy contraptions. I’m something of a dinosaur, and I don’t really understand what an ‘app’ is. Or,an Ipad, or an Iphone. I lost my mobile phone a few months ago, and have been using my wife’s when she let’s me…

REPORT ABUSE

distractedmomma

I would love an iphone, but I would need to make sure I don’t lose it. That app sounds really cool though!

REPORT ABUSE

Misswho23

Love donation to him and his dog!

When I can afford an ipad I will have to check that out. Right now I’m trying Time Slips to help me keep track of what jobs I do at work and for how long. This has been a major negative issue in my work life. As a graphic designer we have to track time well like a lawyer would. Phone calls meetings. time spent designing. Time spent designing is the most difficult for me. I have had other timers but I either forget to start them or turn it off.

I have a note pad where I jot down time and daily log stuff. But it all get so time consuming! Anyone else found any great things for tracking time. I have my mac but not an iphone or ipad yet.

REPORT ABUSE

nellie

Time slips sounds interesting MissWHo – will have to check it out. And the Errand to do list sounds interesting too Photobug. Will download both of those right away as soon as I finish writing this post to check them out.

Yesterday I downloaded ListMaster Lite ( free) which is a customizable to do list. app. You can add all kinds of columns and do things like calculations. I won’t do it justice by describing it and haven’t actually tried it al out yet but just watched the online instructional videos. It’s looks very promising. But not sure it has any alarm/reminder functions like the one you mentioned photobug. . Nevertheless here’s the link to the website if you want to watch the video : http://www.onlinelistmaster.com/video.aspx

MissHWo just checked – it is 49.99, is that the one you mean? I’m trying to download a free version so they have an iSlips app which I’ll try out.

REPORT ABUSE

Misswho23

Not sure. At my job the previous designer used used it. And I’m still trying to get time to load it all up. The one I saw was $7.99.

I’ll send you info on that when I get a chance. On deadlines again at the home office!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I am interested in the i-phone app, but I don’t see what it is called. Please post the name.

REPORT ABUSE

AbbyNormal

mountainman- in the App Store, search for Errands and Errands-To Do will pop up. Thanks, ph0t0bug, just downloaded it, love that it says it has alarms I can set, yay!!

REPORT ABUSE

Misswho23

nellie,

I think the $49.99 is the one. Turns out I’ve used it before but the the iphone app. I think the other designer used the app version?

Anyway trying it again and seeing if I can use some of the features I didn’t use last time.

REPORT ABUSE

AbbyNormal

Thanks for this info, I’ve played with this app on my iPod today and LOVE it!! It’s so flexible, it let’s you remind yourself either hourly (calls it a “nag”) or daily (this is named a “reminder”)- So awesome, it’s the reminder app I’ve been searching for!!

:D I think I might need to upgrade and feed the guy and his dog, because they deserve it!

REPORT ABUSE

Hopeful_in_Ontario

Free time management apps (applications/programs).  Google calendar will let you create events and appointments and will email you reminders.  The Google Chrome store has a bunch of free apps and reviews so you can choose. Cnet (dot) com has reviews of software too.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)