Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Trick to help not interrupt – Help remember what you were going to say

Trick to help not interrupt – Help remember what you were going to say2012-02-23T00:38:35+00:00

The Forums Forums Tools, Techniques & Treatments Trick to help not interrupt – Help remember what you were going to say

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

I figured this one out several years ago and have told it to other people and they said it’s a great, very helpful ‘trick’. When you’re in a conversation (or meeting!!) and think of something that you want to say but can’t concentrate on what the other person is saying because all you’re thinking of is trying to remember what YOU want to say…If you know the alphabet in sign language just hold the first letter with one of your hands. So if you want to tell a story about your dog, hold the letter ‘D’ with your hand. If you want to make lunch plans, hold ‘L’. It’s great. When it’s your turn to talk you just discreetly look at your letter and remember the topic. If you don’t know the actual sign language alphabet it’s pretty easy to figure out your own system of making letters with your hand. Of course, if you’re in a meeting you can quickly write the letter on your paper. This has really helped me concentrate on what is being said and not interrupt so much. Good luck :)

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Very good strategy! Ive got a group of friends who are all able to sign (needed for their work) but Im not able to do so myself. However, I do know how to print that first letter of the most important word!

Every little bit helps. Thanks!!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Let me just tell you how in LOVE I am with this little “trick”! It is brilliant! I am going to be using this for sure! Thanks for sharing it! So simple… but smart! I told my mom and brother about what you said and they loved it too!

REPORT ABUSE

wolfshades

This is a great trick justgal! I used to know the sign language alphabet – wouldn’t be hard to pick it up again.

Of course, there are occasions when about a million shiny thoughts all occur, one right after the other, and it’s all I can do to herd them into a spot where I can easily get to them. I think even a pen and paper would only be able to capture a handful of them. Hate/love it when that happens. :D

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Love this idea! I know the sign alphabet, so this is a must try for me! Thanks!!

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)