Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Trying to figure out what's wrong with me.

Trying to figure out what's wrong with me.2013-03-05T11:40:21+00:00

The Forums Forums Emotional Journey My Story Trying to figure out what's wrong with me.

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

mistercheese

I don’t have a lot of time to type right now, but I’m getting this started so I remember to type more when I have more time.  I’ve had a rough time the past 6 months.  I’ve been dealing with depression, anxiety, and insomnia.  I got fired from one job, quit another one, and fortunately, I found my current job, which I’m enjoying.  Somewhere in there I had a breakdown, and I committed myself into a mental health facility.  I released myself shortly after, and I am now involved in a process to see a psychiatrist.  I was diagnosed with ADD as a child, but I am thinking there may be something more involved.

REPORT ABUSE

Fabulous

Hiya @mistercheese! Hang in there. How were things prior to the last six months?

Sounds like you are on the right track now, scheduling an appointment with a psychiatrist. If you do have ADHD, it is quite possible that you have a second or even third disorder as well, since comorbidity is high. ADHD gets lonely when its all by itself.  🙂

I hope you don’t have a long wait to see the psych? Waiting sucks.

REPORT ABUSE

MarieAngell

Mistercheese, rough patches are hard. If you were diagnosed with ADD as a child, there is a very good chance you still have symptoms. Depression, anxiety and insomnia can also result from or exist alongside ADD.

It’s very hard to solve these problems alone. It sounds like you’re absolutely on the right track by getting in to see a psychiatrist.

REPORT ABUSE

mistercheese

thanks for the replies, everybody!

okay… here’s a little bit more of the story…

I have dealt with ADD for all my life.  I have the inattentive kind.  I don’t have get the hyperactive symptoms, but I have trouble with focusing, remembering things and organizing my memories, and keeping track of tasks.  I’m always getting sidetracked, and it takes me forever to do things.  My room is a mess and my mind is a mess too… but… on the plus side, I think my disorganized mind is a factor in my having a strong imagination and creativity.  I also think that not being neurotypical (fun word that I just learned on these forums) has given me a unique perspective and sensitivity to people who are different.  (as an aside, I’m not sure how long I can type right now, because the discomfort in my wrists/forearms is coming back.)

So as of July 2012, I was working at a call center; a job I hated.  I’m an introvert, and working somewhere that involves talking all day, working fast, constantly multitasking, and being micromanaged was hell.  My hobby/avocation is art and design, and I spent all my July 4th holiday working on a drawing on my computer glued to the chair.  I woke up with a kidney stone. To be continued…

as far as waiting, I have a few things I have to cooperate with, and I get to see the Psychiatrist in May.

REPORT ABUSE

mistercheese

So July 5th I wake up with a kidney stone.  The pain is crazy and gets worse.  I take myself to the Emergency Room at like, 2 in the morning.  They give me some pain meds, and I stay there until the kidney stone passes through the ureter (the most painful part.) I don’t go into work that day.  My job doesn’t have sick days, just a certain number of attendance points you can use for whatever reason.  They don’t accept doctor’s notes, so I’m getting a point, unless, I’m admitted, overnight.  The kidney stone hasn’t passed, it’s somewhere in there, down in my junk.  I deal with some pain, discomfort and some back pain.  I have to walk all the time, and constantly drink water to try and get it to pass.  I’m a little concerned, because the ‘vacation of a lifetime’ is coming up.  I go to San Diego Comic Con with a group of 5 or so friends.  Its an amazing trip.  We swim in the ocean, enjoy the con, and the amazing San Diego weather.  Because 2 other people from my job are going on vacation at the same time, my request to have this be an approved absence is denied.  That’s another 2 attendance points.  A couple weeks after I get back from the con, I get invited to a book club by someone I knew in college, let’s call her Kim.  I’ve always toyed with the idea that she could be someone I could date.  Through the book club we rekindle a friendship.  At the time, I’m dating a different girl, let’s call her Erica.  Erica is the first real relationship I’ve ever had.  I’ve had a few dates, but I don’t think I’ve ever gotten to the 3rd date with anyone else.  I am 29 years old.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)