Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

TVO's "The Agenda" looks at ADHD, tonight

TVO's "The Agenda" looks at ADHD, tonight2013-05-21T13:23:56+00:00

The Forums Forums What is it? Other TVO's "The Agenda" looks at ADHD, tonight

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Patte Rosebank
    Participant

If you can get TVO, tune in to “The Agenda”, tonight at 8:00 pm (repeated at 11:00 pm).

The topic is “Putting ADHD in Focus”, and @Rick is one of the scheduled guests!

If you miss it (or TVO isn’t in your channel line-up), it’ll be available to view later as a podcast, through http://theagenda.tvo.org/ .

REPORT ABUSE

Fabulous

I have been away from TADD for a while and just got back and one of the first things I did  upon return yesterday was watch this interview — and was delighted to see that among the ADHD experts, the one ADHDer at the table came off as both the smartest and the most entertaining person in the room. Ha ha! Great job, @Rick. You do us proud.

REPORT ABUSE

Patte Rosebank
    Participant

@Fabulous, there’s a good reason for that.

Rick knows that if you react to everything that someone says (by nodding thoughtfully, looking puzzled, smiling, frowning, etc.), the camera will cut to you for a “reaction shot”.

He also knows that TV craves conflict. So, if someone disagrees with you, you should NOT just give into them. You should engage them, listen to their reasons for disagreeing, and rebut them. Be calm and respectful, though. You don’t want to come across as someone who belongs on a “reality” show.

You also don’t want to let people know that you’re playing this media game. It should all look as natural as breathing!

REPORT ABUSE

seabassd

Just finished watching it. Good stuff!

If you haven’t watched it yet, here’s the link.

http://ww3.tvo.org/video/191478/adhd-changing-diagnosis

REPORT ABUSE

Wgreen
    Participant

Wow. I’m convinced Rick and I are related somewhere down the line. The symmetry in our lives is uncanny.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)