Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

ugg why so controversial..shorter form :)

ugg why so controversial..shorter form :)2011-12-18T14:18:15+00:00

The Forums Forums What is it? ADHD/ADD in Adults ugg why so controversial..shorter form :)

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

ok so i apologize the one before was soo long…but short and sweet and to the point ..im 23 been diagnosed with adhd and now went through concerta and then adderall..luckily adderall is wonderful but i find that some doctors dont believe adhd exists in adults…oddly they are willing to hand this stuff out like candy to an 8 year old who is normala nd hyper but someone 23 works 10 hr shifts in teh pharmacy constantly on te go and losing everything and literally runs three miles and still cant sit still isnt considered abnormal to some…really??? when i did my tests and interview with the psych he just was amazed i lasted this long….but guess with a firm hand and belt my parents put the fear of god in me and it straightened me out and i forced myself to try and sit still with headaches…..migraines…and hardly no sleep….constantly not being able to sit still and starting five things at once….always knew something was wrong with me …but i was social butterfly and my parents already had one sick kid from my moms prior marriage they didnt want to think they had a kid that was retarded as well (so thats what it was referred to back when i was smnal or least they did)

i get so scared about after listening to some of these doctors about how adhd isnt real inadults and how bad it is im using speed to calm me down or so say i do…sadly im not seeing those ppl anymore bc they just wanted to drug me up on antidepressants which really just made me opposite..i went from happy and bubbly and energized to sleeping and feeling depressed on antidepressants…..seriously i was like when these damn things gonna work…..but my psych after going and seeing him understood me !!! i was amazed and relieved and after reading up on it i fit the mold….EVERYTHING looked clearer to me….why i would sit and then literally bounce back up bc i forgot this or just remembered that and then never could sit still even when i was pregnant…i was working three jobs, full time student, planbning a wedding in the beggining, and even still fitting in workouts….only reason i know i was prego was hormones and feeling tired i was like wtf i can sleep…oddly

anyone have same medical issues with some mds thinking they were depressed and trying this and that and that u dont need adderall i even tried wellbutrin which was ok but not really good for me and concerta id never wish on my worst enemy..horrid i would take it and it be like a bomb would drop and id be wow that sucks ….never really been depressed except when my parents move me to sc at 15 and couldnt be social butterfly…so ran and ran and ran like 2 to 3 miles then did constant step and workouts..even at 10 at night after running and going to beach and walking all day i waould do step workouts and yoga…meditation has worked too for me along with low dose adderall…they think i need a higher dose of adderall but i dont want to lose ME…my personality or become too not like me …..bc they say the wya im still soo energized even on 10 mg they see it helps but that a little higher dose would may help better bc im only on 10 mg twice a day…..and so far AMAZING…i feel normal even as a kid id be like makingthings, drawing, riding my bike, trying to do five things at once like wanting to drive and talk on pjone and radio or ride bike eat ice cream and try to do something else too and even would try to come up with ideas like i had to clean alot for my parents i was such ocd about TRYING TO KEEP THINGS ORGANIZED bc without i felt SOOO LOST..AS IF I WOULD BE TRAPPED AND DRUSTRATED…..it sucked so id think of one idea about dishes and trying to when the water ran invent something so soap can be dispensed at a psuh instead of having to add it or the washing machine and combining to get things done at once ……i felt so odd especially thinking of these at like 8 or 9 lol

i have had my IQ tested and they said it high end but seriously with this issues period i think it makes anyone falter and fall in some area of life….any opinions or anything …i love this place bc it makes me feel so normal bc all my friends are not add or adhd except for two and they just take meds and dont talk about it bc they dont want to be considered DIFFERENT….i dont care i want ppl to know not hide this

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

hope this ois better…..i tried and being only on small dose and i talk ALOT and have soo much to say im trying realy i am but even if you all can read someand respond to one part i know it is hard …i sometimes cant read others as well least not all of it …:) 😆

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)