Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Up and Down day today

Up and Down day today2011-02-10T20:14:45+00:00

The Forums Forums Emotional Journey Ups and Downs Up and Down day today

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

laddybug3

My day had began with it is only 9 Am when will it be noon. Also, I slept in this morning and have been sick. Today I am fine, but first time seemed to be mocking me, now I feel like time stopped. I had a daydream for about 1/2 an hour and now I feel like it should be 8 PM. My thoughts keep racing and I try to catch them. In fact that was my daydream was about, me catching my thoughts with a net. Oh, at one point I was screaming in my head. Just screaming! Then I was laughing the next thing I was crying. I read posts tons of them. It is driving me nuts. I want to go outside and so I get ready, then I want to read, but not read when I finally find a book. Wow. This day will never end. When will night come? Oh, yeah, I just told my thoughts to shut up. How sad is that?

I still have to exorcise, but I don’t want to, but I have too. I rather read, no take a walk, sing, jump, and I totally just let my thoughts have its’ way on this post. Wait, I didn’t brush my hair. No. I don’t remember if I brushed my hair. It is going to be a day.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Chin up. It will be better.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

To laddybug3 – Just curious if you feel like this most days or just sometimes? I also have days like these, not all the time, but sometimes. Writing it down, all those racing thoughts, I think is a good way to deal with them. Deal with them directly. Maybe keep a journal, or copy and paste your posts here and put the days and times you post them so you can track these thoughts and behaviors, but also what you were doing that day, or at that moment and maybe you can find some sort of relationship that could be a trigger to cause the feelings your having. I am not a therapist though, but just thought I would make a suggestion…Hope your days are better:)

REPORT ABUSE

laddybug3

kbtordai1170 I noticed that if I don’t have outside for an hour, I act like that. Yesterday was too cold and so was today. In fact I was hyper focusing on loom weaving. Looked much better in my head, then it does now. I don’t know. I haven’t really hung out with my friends. Most of them are at college, since now I am done with college, and looking into the real world it has caused a lot of anxiety. I kind of miss school, even though school gave me stress and sometimes it felt like the end of the world.

I have my good days and my bad days.

Tried the journal idea and lost the journal, and my planner. Now I have to find them.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I remember feeling lost when the real world hit.

You feel like you will never survive the stress of school, and you struggle to get through all of it saying that you can’t wait until it is over. Once you finish there is a big “what now?” moment and the panic hits. We spend all of our time trying so hard to get there with no clue what to do when we do. Add to that all of a sudden being in a different place in life than your friends and kind of losing that support system makes things rough.

Hugs and good luck finding your journal.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

LB3: Hang in there. Get some music going. Loud, energetic, angry if necessary music and get your blood going for 30-40 minutes can do wonders. I don’t feel a sense of accomplishment, when I finish a workout, but I recognize how much I work through in my head by getting in to rhythm with the music and the flow of the exercise creates focus and when I get in the zone on the stationary bike, I start remembering all the fun I had as a kid riding my bike, the warmth of summer, laughter, and I get happy. Just a little, but it’s a little more every day. I can carry the feelings for several hours and I find that I’m looking forward to getting to my next session.

I still fight going to bed at night because it means I have to get up and go to work. This messes with my sleep patterns and restfulness, which impacts my energy, which impacts my mood, which causes everything to be a fight, which wears me out, makes me frustrated and tired, but if I go to sleep I have to wake up in the morning and do it again even more tired than I was today. Quite a self-pitying way to live that can spiral down out of control fast. So what to do? Find something that is worth getting out of bed for. It makes it easier to get to bed, easier to get better sleep so you feel rested so things can progress more easily and with less stress and more fun, which makes you want to do it again.

Life should be a slow meandering journey where we stop and enjoy as much as possible rather that living solely to meet goals and, pay bills. When the morning is a challenge, get in the shower, go out for a treat like a coffee/muffin/magazine, smile and say Hi to 5 people, then continue with your day. It would be much easier if we could give ourselves the okay to hit a reset button for our moods, this as close as I can get for me.

Have a great day!

REPORT ABUSE

Carrie

This is EXACTLY how im feeling today too laddybug!! :(

Frustrating isnt it!

REPORT ABUSE

laddybug3

Carrie all better now. It was frustrating.

REPORT ABUSE

Carrie

How did you get all better?

REPORT ABUSE

laddybug3

Carrie I should say for right now I am feeling all better. Good things just started happening.

REPORT ABUSE

Carrie

Good to hear! :)

REPORT ABUSE

laddybug3

I found my journal from 2007-2008 today. Most entry started with I just found you again, I am stress, I am having a social life, and then it gets moody. LOL, tears, oh the drama, and outside.

I went ice skating today. That was random.

REPORT ABUSE

Carrie

Hahaha

I once found my old journal from when I was a teen… Sheesh. That was a lot of drama too! And I never thought I was boy crazy till I read it ” Oh I like this boy! And this boy likes me, and this one likes me..” few weeks later “Now I like this boy and blah blah blah” Wow! So glad im not a teen anymore! hahahaha

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)