Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Update on my last Concerta post

Update on my last Concerta post2010-12-05T14:25:18+00:00

The Forums Forums Medication Concerta Update on my last Concerta post

Free medication video
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

For me so far for the past 33 days, concerta has let me know what it feels like to be able to not impulsively speak out loud every thought I have in head.. To stop before I say something and really think,”do I really need to say this comment out loud?”, and I realize I don’t need to say it. It has slowed the constant tornado of thoughts whirling inside my head. I have never been able to do that. People who used to avoid me thinking, oh god she is not going to shut up after she gets going, are pleasantly surprised that I just say HI and that’s about it.

I don’t constantly have arguments with myself anymore about everything, I just make a decision and go with it. I have so much more time in day to do constructive things and not waste time procrastinating.

The biggest side effects I have had, is dry mouth and weight loss, 18 lbs so far. I get hungry, eat some, but get full pretty fast.

Its been 33 days and I have not smoked a cigarette in 28 days, I don’t even feel the need to. I guess you can say that’s a great side effect.

Bad stuff still happens, I still annoy people sometimes, I am still me, but just a calmer, more thoughtfu, peaceful from within me. At night when the concerta wears off, I find myself still able to really think about what I say. I hope the medication continues to help me relearn how to think and process information.

I am learning to meditate from my Psychologist and I am going to start weight training ( Since I have lost a considerable amount of weight in the last month, I want to make sure I don’t lose to much muscle mass. Nightly walks might do me some good to. My Dr. does not want me to a lot of cardio, because in her office my blood pressure was high, but at home when I check it on a borrowed blood pressure machine its always like 117/73.. I think I was just nervous that she was not going to prescribe the script for concerta, but she agreed with the psychologist and did end up prescribing it. Obviously..lol

I hope you all find success in your quest to find peace and serenity in your own minds…I guess its a never-ending journey

REPORT ABUSE

wolfshades

I *love* your story!!

I remember the first time someone told me that I talk too much. It was back in early high school, and it was my best friend who said it. Kind of made me puzzled at first, and then disappointed, and then… a bit depressed. I had no idea that this – as you described so well – tornado of thought wasn’t exactly “normal”. I really thought everyone enjoyed those bright shining balls in the mind as I did. :)

Thank you so much for your testimony about Concerta too. Having just been diagnosed (finally), I’ve yet to start any meds, and frankly can’t wait to get going with them. I really need to be able to finish projects, and get some peace and quiet in my brain for a while.

Thank you again. This was *so* helpful.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks wolfshades, from what i have heard and read about add meds. What works for some, might not work for everyone.. Concerta for me has been exactly what I need right now. I really don’t know what the future holds for me and how long I will continue taking concerta, but I am going to enjoy the present time and not worry about it! I hope you find success with your treatment.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Keep up the good vibes. It all sounds good. Make sure you see the videos on the holistic nature of treatment Video 3 of the Sponsored Videos section.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I will! Thanks Dr. J

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)