Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Vayarin

Vayarin2011-07-25T02:00:27+00:00

The Forums Forums Medication Vayarin

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi all.

Wondering if anyone has heard (or encountered) anything about a new alternative Omega 3 (EPA) prescription medication called Vayarin? From what I know it’s a Phosphatidylserine – Omega 3 compound that’s EPA enriched. I’ve read that it’s been launched in the U.S in Texas, South and North Carolina and also in Israel.

Just thought to shine a light on that to see if anything comes up. Encouraging to see the possibility of an Omega 3 based medication to help treat ADHD.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I heard that it is working from a friend of mine and read in the site http://www.vayapharma.com. (you can download the data)

I saw I need prescription so I am going to ask my physician about it

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes, Vayarin has worked. It is not exact on everyone. Example: a family member has almost gotten off all meds. for all disorders & the other sibling has decreased meds. One person shows immediate & miraculous changes & the other shows healthy changes & less significant changes overall. It takes days & months to build in system. My family will all be on it soon, even just for health reasons.

REPORT ABUSE

Patte Rosebank
    Participant

I just take regular Omega 3-6-9 capsules every day. They seem to enhance the effectiveness of my medications, but they certainly couldn’t take the place of them for me.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

There aren’t too many reviews out there since this medication just came out last year, but it sounded promising, so we wanted to give it a try.

My 9 year old son started taking vayarin at the beginning of this year, about 2 weeks before heading back to school on winter break. It has been wonderful for us. When he went back to school, his teacher noticed right away the change in behavior. He could actually sit still and focus. I noticed while he was doing his homework, that even his handwriting has improved.

At school, he used to get several warnings everyday for not being able to sit still or disrupting the class. His first week back from break, he received one warning the first day, but did not receive any warnings for the rest of the entire week. This is the first time all school year that he has gone without any warnings and to do it four days in a row.

I’ll try to keep others posted of his progress as this is only the 3rd full week on the meds, but so far, I have nothing but great things to say. He can focus, but he still has his “vibrant” personality. No side effects what-so-ever. I think the positive feedback that he has received from his teacher and at home is great. He can’t wait to tell me how he had a great day at school.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Halcyon

Hows it going on Vayarin now – I couldnt get Vayarin in Canada but started the seperate supplements with my son a week ago – are you still seeing positive changes at school?

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)