Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Very frustrating

Very frustrating2015-04-09T08:33:03+00:00

The Forums Forums Emotional Journey Venting! Very frustrating

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

pinkdex

I was experimenting with a lower dose of my medication with my doctor’s permission. Well I don’t get what happens but at a certain point I feel like I’m putting myself out there way too much, if that makes sense at all. It’s like the less medication I’m on, the more fully ADD I am, the more I wear my emotions, thoughts, and feelings on my sleeve. Usually I end having a hard time earning any respect for myself at that point because I feel like I turn into a clam that can’t close it’s shell and keeps getting battered with bits of sand and debris.  It’s really frustrating and annoying, and I don’t know how to deal with it. I don’t feel like I should be helpless when I’m not on medication, or on less medication. Difficult, yes. Frustrated, perhaps yes. But not a tender slab of meat in a world of spikes and rough edges. That doesn’t seem right.

REPORT ABUSE

cropmom

I can so relate to what you are saying. I didn’t realize many of these things until I started taking medication (what it was like to not have all of these emotions welling up inside).  My husband would always say I took things too personally and was too sensitive.  When I found out about my ADD, it made sense to me. I took medication for a year and have been off of it for 2 months. I’ll probably go back to it.  Still trying to figure it all out.  I do spend a lot of time in prayer and meditation.  That seems to help.  I also journal a lot and see a therapist who specializes in ADD.

Yes, it is frustrating.  Be kind to yourself. I think you’ll find the right balance in time.  You may have to accept that taking medication at a higher dosage than you want is what your body requires.  Curious to hear others comments.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)