Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Vitamin B12

Vitamin B122012-02-21T21:12:07+00:00
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Does it work? Have been taking 4 pills a day for it for awhile and haven’t noticed any difference. Miguel

REPORT ABUSE

Scattybird
    Participant

Take the full B-complex not just vit B12. Much better. They should give you a bit more energy but only if you’re lacking.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I meant does it work in treating ADHD which is what a shrink said it was good for. That’s what I meant. Miguel

REPORT ABUSE

Scattybird
    Participant

OK sorry. Well when I took them I did so because I was sick of feeling like I had no energy. They helped with that to some extent but not completely. It was a while after I was diagnosed with ADD and I hadn’t realised my perceived lack of energy was ADD related. So on balance the answer to your specific question is not really.

Everyone is different though.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

They don’t help my ADHD, but B-Complex does help me in the winter months when it gets dark early and I tend to get a degree of seasonal depression. I take one in the late afternoon (1-2 a day) and it gives me an energy boost and staves off the blues.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have always had that fogginess in my head. Taking B-complex, for whatever reason (ie, seasonal depression, lack of energy) seems to help me keep more focused, less foggy. I don’t move from the living room to the kitchen and wonder what I wanted in the kitchen.

REPORT ABUSE

Robbo

B-complex and B-12 by itself do help, but they are only one of many nutritional parts of the solution. Definitely important, depending on your diet n body chemistry. There’s a bunch of nutrition stuff on this thread http://totallyadd.com/forum/topic.php?id=2217 The info on nutrition comes in near the end of the thread. In fact, the B-complex/b-12 probably help our brains re-hardwire themselves as described with the neuroplasticity stuff. (If you can make it through all the writing that is)

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

My husband started taking Men’s One a Day, but found 1/2 a pill worked much better on a daily basis. We also found that fish or Omega-3 every day lessens his mood swings noticably.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I found the magic formula that works for me. For breakfast I have one or two hard boiled eggs, some fresh blackberries and strawberries and 1/2 avocado with lemon juice. It helps me with, not only focus, but gives me more energy throughout the whole day. If I don’t have this breakfast, the first day without I’m fine that morning but in two or three hours I start to loose focus and spend the rest of the day fighting off nap attacks. It’s quick and easy to put together and, the best part, leaves no big mess to clean up.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Oh, and, it tastes good and is filling.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)