Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Vyanse + booster?

Vyanse + booster?2010-11-07T18:58:36+00:00

The Forums Forums Medication Vyvanse Vyanse + booster?

Free medication video
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

I started taking Vyvanse just over a week ago and it is amazing. My inner monologue is gone and I am able to get so many things done and actually listen to people.

However, it seems to last for a total of 10 hours. I am a teacher and start my day at work at 7, get home at 4, and go to bed around 10. If I take it at 7am, it wears off by 5pm and I can’t get anything done at home.

Does anyone take some sort of instant release med along with Vyvanse to last through those long days? If so, what do you take? My doc is willing to let me try 30mg Vyvanse in the AM and 20mg, possibly 30, in the PM, but I’m not sure I’ll need for it to last that long.

Any thoughts/experiences are welcome!!

REPORT ABUSE

JimC.
    Participant

I’m on 20mg Adderall, and with the same issue, got prescribed a 5mg ‘booster’ for the pm, but never tried it. Now I’ve learned to relax at night, as I’ve burned up lots of head time all day long and I rise really early. IMHO it’s worth a try,m but I don’t know if your meds will affect sleep, which also is apparently nice to have. jc

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Vyvanse is 2:1 versus Adderall XR

you can top up with Dex where you need it.

Always speak to your doctor or before making any changes to medications. Dr. Jain provides advice generically and not for any one person. Advice does not constitute a therapeutic relationship or promise of care. Please consult the privacy policy for more information

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ok, I am new to some of this what is a booster? What does it do?

REPORT ABUSE

JimC.
    Participant

Joy: it’s a second dose for focus after the 1st wears off. But you run the risk of poor sleep and so it’s a question meant to address the issue of what to do if you fade say, 3/4 of the way through your work day and you must keep going for work.

I tried 5 mg of Adderall at 3 pm after my initial 20 mg wore off, but didn’t notice much of a difference, so I stopped.

Hope that ‘slpains it, Lucy. ;o) jc

REPORT ABUSE

cherryberryblossom

why is dr.j speaking in the second person? or is it the third person?

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)