Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Vyvanse and insomnia

Vyvanse and insomnia2010-10-22T21:07:28+00:00

The Forums Forums Medication Vyvanse Vyvanse and insomnia

Free medication video
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Just started on 30mg of Vyvanse yesterday. No significant side-effects during the day, but a fair amount of trouble sleeping at night. I know it is just the first day, and I am absolutely going to try it for a while and see what happens.

I’m wondering, though, if anyone here has any suggestions for reducing insomnia w/ vyvanse (or any other stimulant med, for that matter). I could help me get through this period of finding out if it works for me.

Thanks!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

you could try melatonin

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks, Jennee. As it turned out, I may not need it. I slept almost normally last night after only two nights of difficultly. Hopefully this will continue. If it doesn’t I’ll try some melatonin.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ve been on vyvanse for about a month and started out fine. Now Im lucky if I get 5 hours sleep. Im getting off this stuff asap. And yes, i take it every morning at 7am and every night I’m wide awake.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I wasl already taking a prescription sleeping med (Trazadone) prior to starting Vyvanse. And I have used Melatonin for years..I have always had sleep issues. I don’t thinkt the Vyvanse made them any better or worse though.

Melatonin has several advantages: 1) it is OTC, and inexpensive, 2) you can get many doses, I think it starts at 3mg usually, and I have now started seeing 10mg. This makes it easy to experiment and find what dose works best. 3) It is natural, so if you are not looking to put extra chemicals in your body, that is a nice thing. 4) IMHO it does not give you a ‘hangover’. I used Tylenol PM for years, but it gave me a medication hangover the next day.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)