Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Vyvanse and Paxil

Vyvanse and Paxil2016-10-17T09:04:18+00:00

The Forums Forums Medication Vyvanse Vyvanse and Paxil

Free medication video
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

eashline92
    Participant

Just got put on 30g of vyvanse and they switched my 150 mg of effexor xr that I was on for six years without having any medication adjustments to 40 mg of Paxil. I must say the Vyvanse is helping me out when it comes to focusing and getting things done and the Paxil is helping to keep my anxiety and depression under control. I think I am on the right course of treatment

REPORT ABUSE

Patte Rosebank
    Participant

I am very concerned about this.

That combination may work fine at first, but can suddenly cause uncontrollable, almost psychotic, rages and emotional outbursts.

The combination of ADHD meds + Paxil (or Prozac) is so dangerous that the FDA has placed Black Box Warnings about it on the labels.  A Black Box Warning is only for the most serious of potential side effects.

Did your doctor say why you were being switched from Effexor (a drug which is safe in combination with ADHD meds, and which had helped you for 6 years) to one which should never be mixed with ADHD meds?

Please look up the drug information on *legitimate* medication websites.  And talk to your pharmacist ASAP.  Often, they know more about this than doctors do.

REPORT ABUSE

eashline92
    Participant

My doctor said he was switching me because he thought I needed a change and I did not know this. Thanks for the information. I guess I will be making a phone call to them immediately

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)