Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Vyvanse dosage

Vyvanse dosage2012-04-15T06:40:26+00:00

The Forums Forums Medication Vyvanse Vyvanse dosage

Free medication video
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 16 post (of 16 total)
  • Author

sgoldhar

I’ve learned that the long lasting meds like Adderall and Vyvanse can be problematic if you keep increasing the dose to make it last longer or prevent the “dip” in between the first and second release. You could end up having to take quite a lot to make it work effectively from start to finish. I also found the uncomfortable effects when it wears off more severe as the dose increased. The body seems to adapt as dose increases by metabolizing quicker. When that happens you really need the second release of the medication to happen sooner however you can’t change the timing as this is how the drug was designed (and varies among people). Therefore, I found the following protocol more effective for me:
    Taking Vyvanse, I was up to 40Mg and still found it not working for the reasons above. Instead of taking 1-40Mg capsule I took 2-20Mg capsules at different times. I played with timing and found the best for me to be when I took 1-20Mg capsule followed by another 1.5 hours later (I just set my phone to remind me). This has worked extremely well for two months now. If I want a longer day I start with a half of a dexedrine tablet (2.5 Mg) first, followed by 1-20Mg Vyvanse after 1.5 hours and the second 20Mg Vyvanse after another 1.5 hours.

You’ll need to play with the right dose and timing for you. I found that my body only needs 20Mg (or 2.5 Mg of dexedrine) to feel good, which is quite low. Taking more than your body needs at one time leads to other issues, some of which I’ve touched on above. This method has worked well for me for the following reasons:
    1. It prevents the annoying dips
    2. It’s easier to function when it wears off
    3. It lasts longer (believe it or not, taking less like this lasts longer)
    4. The effects are much more stable
    5. I don’t get the highs when there’s too much medication in my system (I’m looking for calmness of the mind with alertness, not like I’ve had too much coffee)
    6. My body benefits as I’m keeping the level down around 20 instead of 40 Mg.

I hope this is useful for you.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 16 post (of 16 total)