Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Vyvanse- the best for me as far as medication goes

Vyvanse- the best for me as far as medication goes2013-10-31T09:55:48+00:00

The Forums Forums Medication Vyvanse Vyvanse- the best for me as far as medication goes

Free medication video
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

melsteam14

I like how Vyvanse works without a noticeable transition with my feelings. I don’t notice it. It starts working about an hour or so after I take it in the a.m.. I do wish its onset worked more quickly, but it works the best for me and I can titrate it with Doctor’s help, in water until I reach my level. Most of my experience says doctors like it when the ADHD patient starts slow. It just makes sense because they are powerful meds that need to work correctly and too much doesn’t qualify as correct treatment. Since I was treated back in the mid nineties the first time, with mixed results in duration of effect and noticeable side-effects, I am so glad for Vyvanse as a consistent treatment.

REPORT ABUSE

AbbyNormal

It really works for me too, Mel! At first I was on Concerta but, as you put it so well, there was a noticeable transition in my feelings. About an hour after taking Concerta I’d get teary-eyed at the slightest thought provocation, which felt really strange! Then I tried Vyvanse (my son had been taking it for 6 months already and liked it much better than Concerta) and immediately liked it.
    I recently went up from 60 to 70 mg because I felt less “on top of things” than I had been. But after a month or 2 I realized that 70 mg made me feel much more agitated. I’m happy as a clam back down to my optimal dose of 60.

🙂

REPORT ABUSE

melsteam14

That sounds good-really good for you! Do you realize there are a lot of us who don’t get this response b/c there are other facts in our particular cases? So, finding what the brain needs to blow off the fog, the malaise, the anxious thoughts, is sometimes not so easy. I am glad for you, however, and may you continue to do what helps in a healthy, safe way.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)