Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Vyvanse+Prozac

Vyvanse+Prozac2012-01-05T02:54:23+00:00

The Forums Forums Medication Vyvanse Vyvanse+Prozac

Free medication video
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

My Dr ok’d 20mgs of both, but I have read they should not be taken together. Anyone have any insight on these two drugs combined?

REPORT ABUSE

kc5jck
    Participant

My wife, a Registered Nurse, puts a lot of stock in what a pharmacist has to say. I think she believes, in general, they know more and are more up to date than are the doctors concerning drugs, their effects, side effects, and interactions.

My experience is that you are far better off doing your own research than trusting a doctor. Learn all you can then go back and quiz the doctor. Doctors are human and make mistakes. Your doctor could have ok’d both without stopping to think about any interactions between the two.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Here is what CVS.com says…

Fluoxetine ( Prozac® | Sarafem | Selfemra™ | Sarafem® | Prozac® Weekly™) and Lisdexamfetamine ( Vyvanse™)

Severity: High

In some cases these drugs are used together with caution and close monitoring by your health care provider. Side effects from Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (also known as SSRIs) may get worse if you take Lisdexamfetamine. Examples of SSRIs include drugs such as Celexa®, Effexor®, Luvox®, Paxil®, Prozac®, Sarafem®, Zoloft® and others. Taking these drugs together could result in side effects such as confusion, dizziness, drowsiness, excessive dry mouth, nausea/vomiting, loss of coordination, muscle weakness, sweating, tremor, and/or palpitations. Report these or other unusual side effects immediately if they occur. (Last revised: 6/1/2007 11:01:00 PM)

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

The only contraindication is when you combine Prozac with any agent that binds strongly to cytochrome 2D6 at the same time (like Strattera) because it leads to toxicity. Always consult with your doctor first when combining anything, including non-prescription medications or “natural substances” which we don’t regard as being dangerous but they are.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

how long would someone need to be off strattera .. to clear system , to use prozac or vyvanse.. as example ?

REPORT ABUSE

Carrie

I take Prozac 20mg and Vyvanse 60mg daily. No problems at all. There is always the risk for toxicity like Dr.J. said, serotonin syndrome.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

My doctor simultaneously weaned me off of Strattera while starting me on Celexa. I had zero problems with the switch over.

The greatly reduced anxiety, but sluggish feeling and weight gain I had with the Celexa resulted in the doctor adding in Vyvanse. I ended up tapering off of the Celexa. I have been taking 30 mg of Vyvanse twice daily for a full year, and am very happy with this med.

REPORT ABUSE

lindarenee1964

Hello! I just got my prescription for Vyvanse 30 mg. I take 10 mg. of Paxil in the evening. I’m hoping that if I do try the Vyvanse, it won’t interact with the Paxil. Have any of you heard of Flavay? I am thinking of trying that instead.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)