Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Waking up!

Waking up!2011-01-20T17:51:48+00:00
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

What I find works really well is having a before bed and morning routine. I start about an hour before I go to bed, checking my calendar, making lunch for the next day, setting my lesson plans and materials on the table by the door, and picking out what I will wear the next day. I have also gotten into the habit of writing in my journal before I go to bed, this helps especially with the racing thoughts that used to keep me awake. I’ve got them all written down in my book and I’ve pondered everything that was worrying me and planned for the next day, so I find I am much calmer before trying to sleep. Plus, writing in my journal helps trigger my brain to get sleepy.

As for mornings, I give myself a lot of time because I know it takes me quite a while to become fully alert. I get up two hours before I leave the house in the morning for work! I get up, take my pill, do ten minutes of quick aerobics, then some stretches (prescribed to me by my chiropractor because my spine is kind of S shaped), then I hop in the shower, then brew coffee while I blowdry my hair, get dressed, check my calendars, then I eat breakfast and drink my coffee while I check my email/facebook/twitter. Since I know I take a long time to become fully alert I decided it was easiest to simply honour that and give myself the time to wake up properly.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello,

I am new here after seeing the film on OPB. I just posted this on another topic but think it fits here also. For the last year I have developed a pattern of sleeping 2 to 3 days straight with a occasional potty breaks. I will have a good awake day or two then the exhaustion over takes me and I can’t stay awake for longer than an hour or two during my hibernation days. I am currently on effexor, adderal and klonapin..

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)