Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Weird reaction to Dexedrine?

Weird reaction to Dexedrine?2011-10-07T18:34:01+00:00

The Forums Forums Medication Dexedrine Weird reaction to Dexedrine?

Free medication video
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey all-

I’ve been on Dex for a couple of months now. I am 18 years old, and was diagnosed in early childhood. I’ve tried numerous medications. They seemed great at first, but the side effects become unmanageable after a few months. I take 15mgs of the spanule in the morning, then 15 mg tablets in the afternoon. (the spanule wears off after 7-8 hrs for me) A few weeks ago, I ran out of medicine. My doctor took a while to get back to me with a refill, so I ended up being off the pill for a week or two. Once I got my pills, I didn’t want to start with my normal dose, so I weaned myself up using the tablets. I first 5, then 10, and finally 15mg.

Yesterday, I took the spanule for the first time since I ran out. I had a HORRIBLE reaction to it. I was very agitated and impatient the whole day. I was also apathetic about things that I wouldn’t normally be apathetic about. I could not find the patience to have a conversation with anybody.

When I got home, I considered not taking my tablets, in fear of this feeling lasting longer. My mom suggested to take the tablets, so I did. This was a mistake. 30 minutes later, I had a breakdown. I couldn’t move, I couldn’t speak. I felt like the whole word was coming down around me. It was a bizarre feeling, that I can’t adequately describe. The feeling subsided after 5 or 10 minutes, but I definitely didn’t feel normal. I called my Doctor, but thanks to Kaiser Permenante’s horrible system for contacting your doctors, I probably won’t her back from him for a few days.

Any ideas on what caused this, and what I should do now?

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Stop taking the drug! If the side effects are worse than the disorder, than don’t risk your health.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)