Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Wellbutrin *and* Ritalin together.

Wellbutrin *and* Ritalin together.2014-04-09T19:08:35+00:00

The Forums Forums Medication Side Effects General Wellbutrin *and* Ritalin together.

Free medication video
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

NeuroD

As mentioned in this thread, I’m taking Wellbutrin (300mg daily/150 bid) for major depressive disorder, and I’ve now been prescribed Ritalin (I think 2.5 mg bid?), and getting a bit unnerved by the potential interactions I’m reading about online, and the fact that it seems bupropion and methylphenidate are both norepinephrin reuptake inhibitors.

Halp?

Or, more like: thoughts? I’m really worried about taking them together now. I know that it’s not a replacement for medical advice, but nobody, not the pharmacist, nor the psych has called too much attention to the potential problems. So… It seems like they’re not too worried, and I have no idea if I’m panicking over corner cases. Which doesn’t mean it’s impossible, just that… you know, it’s not quite common.

I just need to get some perspective from the ground, what it’s like, and what I should watch out for, in more concrete, and less abstract terms.

…It’s annoying because I basically had to fight for them to listen to me and take it seriously enough to prescribe the ritalin in the first place, and now I feel like if I bring up these concerns they’ll just write me off all over again.

REPORT ABUSE

slh

I’ve been taking Wellbutrin 450mg daily and Ritalin (regular) 20-30mg daily for a long time and have absolutely no side effects nor adverse reactions at all.  Remember the documented side effects are symptoms that occur during research studies and must be reported since they occur concomitantly.  Relax. Best wishes,

REPORT ABUSE

NeuroD

Yeah, I figure as much, and it’s something I should know by now, what with my experience with Wellbutrin, but…

Out of curiosity, do you drink alcohol at all or no? No reason. At all.

Anyhow, thanks! I’ll poke at them tomorrow then (it’s rather late where I am right now, and I should be trying to sleep). I might even take them instead of just jabbing them with my finger like they might bite.

REPORT ABUSE

emma1
    Participant

On using retailn and wellbutrin together. What are the possible side effects?
    Was there any sexual dysfunction as there is with SSRIs?

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)