Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Wellbutrin

Wellbutrin2010-02-14T19:31:53+00:00

The Forums Forums Medication Antidepressants Wellbutrin

Free medication video
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m currently trying to get pregnant and all medications used to treat ADHD are considered class “c”. So my only other option seems to be Wellbutrin. My Dr. has me on the 24 hr slow release 150 mg. The side effects have been awful. Just wondering how long I can expect this for. I’ve taken Wellbutrin before, never the slow release though. I can actually tell when it’s kicking in again. I”m really not liking this pill.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Kelly – it took me about two weeks to get over the worst of the Wellbutrin. I’m on the same dose as you. What are you getting for side effects that are bugging you so?

The one thing I noticed is that the facial tension – clenched jaw, frowning – disappeared after the two weeks. As for the gastro-intestinal effects, they’re still there, as is the dry mouth.

I also have a reduced appetite, but in my books that’s a feature, not a bug. Your mileage may vary.

Carrying a y-chromosome myself, I never had to contend with anticipated pregnancy.

Hope this finds you well.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks. I couldn’t take it anymore. I went off the Wellbutrin. I’m waiting to see my family dr. next week. I’ve used the 12 hr before for depression and had great results on it. I actually felt stoned on the slow release, I could feel when the next wave was coming. It made me really nauseous, which probably would of affected my appetite if I wasn’t such a chubby girl trooper to begin with, I can eat any time..lol

I’ve got an appt with a psychologist, we’ll see if that route helps better. The more reading I do about it crossing the placenta, the more nervous I get. No way that shit can’t affect/alter brain chemicals in some way.

Thanks for taking the time

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

http://www.motherisk.org/women/index.jsp

This is the website that will answer all of your pregnancy medication related questions.

REPORT ABUSE

BAM123
    Participant

I was diagnosed ADD about 4 months ago. My regukar physcian prescribed adderal. It helped me stay focussed and did make a difference, but it raised my blood pressure and just seemd to harsh.

I switched to a 10 milligram extended release and that seem to do the trick. As a mattr of fact I got to the pont where I only feel I need it 3 to 5 days a week. It is much more gentle and keeps me on track.

The major problem I have is between 6:00 and 11:00 at night . I get wired, antsey and restless. More often than not this leads either eating food that is not good for me or a couple of drinks to calm me down.

After a month or so on this the Phych I have seen has suggested adding 100 mill of welbutrin twice per day. I was just wondering if any one had any experince with wel butrin as a med for ADD alone or conjunction with adderal

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes, Wellbutrin (bupropion) is effectively prescribed for ADD, among many other problems, (e.g., addictions to opiates, cocaine and cigarettes) to name a few! It is one of the very few meds classified as a stimulant because of its effects on ones energy level. It is not an SSRI (Selective Seretonin Reuptake Inhibitor), because it targets Seretonin and Dopamine (body’s feel good chemical). Therefore it is an SDRI. I personally have been taking it for 2 years, and after seemingly trying everything on the market in the past 20 years, I have been nothing short of amazed by its effectiveness! I wouldn’t think of trying anything new! It improves on my ADD symptoms by “slowing down” my otherwise racing brain, allowing me to focus and concentrate without having to making an effort to do so. And in case there are any problems with depression from the effects of ADD, it improves on that too! The most effective form of dosage for ADD patients has been the sustained release (SR 150 mg.), twice daily. The other is a once daily extended release (XR).

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi i have been on xtended release Wellbutrin 300mg for 3 months, that I take in the morning, had side effects, including some nasty

panic attacks .. they went away after a week or two. Started Straterra 60 mg as well, that I have been on 5 weeks. Have had some

side effects, only one to last is urinating … it feels odd as if I was retaining it then flood .. but not a problem, some dry mouth and stuff.

I am beginnng to feel a bit more focussed .. less monkey brain … so far it seems ok, but Straterra is ex[ensive. oh well.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Started to notice an odd side effect. Faintly, I hear music, mostly show tunes and old ’60’s stuff. Damned odd.

Asked Psych and she said, it is likely, that as the drugs work, one aspect is sorting out what is important from what is not.

And part of that process could be a re-fileing as it were of memories. Speculation for sure, but plausible. It was she who

pointed out that very little is realy known about brain chemistry, wellness brains or any other sort. We are lab rats … weeee.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

The drug targets dopamine and norepinephrine (not serotonine) (* read the product flyer or the site)

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)