Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

What combination has worked for you?

What combination has worked for you?2010-12-09T15:54:46+00:00

The Forums Forums Medication What combination has worked for you?

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

What combination of medications, diet, activities, etc. work for you?

I was diagnosed with ADD, anxiety and depression back in 2001 and I’m 34 now. I’ve been on/off meds and have tried different combinations, but I think the best combo for me so far has been- 60mg of Strattera 2x day & 10mg of lexapro, 10mg of clonazepam, 1200mg x 2 Double Strength Fish Oil with Omega 3 & 6 with 720mg EPA & 480mg DHA and 250 mg Acytyl L-Carnitine. Exercise and eating a diet high in protein and drinking green tea. Also sometimes listening to self help and brain wave audio when needed.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Simple long-acting methylphenidate worked best for me. It was like putting eye glasses on: all of a sudden the large pile of stuff I had to get through or do appeared manageable, clear.

I had tried the short acting, and it worked for a few hours, and then it felt as though my eye glasses were fogged up or taken off. That pile of stuff just became a pile, without any discerning characteristics to it.

I didn’t like Strattera and the antidepressants (SSRI) didn’t help at all.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Correction I take .50mg of clonazepam not 10mg. I’d be in a coma if I took 10mg. ;-)

Interesting suzannakm, thanks for sharing. What is the “common drug name” for this L.A.M.?

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Concerta, Ritalin LA, and Ritalin-SR, would all be considered Long Acting methylphenidates. When in doubt, search Google or Wilkipedia :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methylphenidate

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)