Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

What do you do before your meds "kick in"?

What do you do before your meds "kick in"?2011-08-23T12:58:23+00:00

The Forums Forums Tools, Techniques & Treatments Motivation/Staying on Track What do you do before your meds "kick in"?

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

nellie

Well this was fun to read after all this time. I had completely forgotten ever starting this post!

I’m back on coffee though and can’t function without it to help kick start the day!

REPORT ABUSE

Amy

COFFEE!  🙂

REPORT ABUSE

wiggle worm

I’m sure you’ve resolved your “not sure if you’d taken meds or dreamed it” problem, Nellie, but I make use of a 7 day container to keep meds in. That way, if I’m not sure if I took them, I can refer to the container. I’ve just added a reminder on My smartphone app “anytimer”. It even let’s you choose the tune to alert you. Now, I’ve got alerts for morning, afternoon & night meds.

REPORT ABUSE

blackdog

Hi wiggle worm. Thanks for bringing up this thread. Interesting reading. 🙂

I have tried those 7 day pill minders but they don’t work for me because I can’t remember to fill them regularly and then I still forget to take a dose and then I can’t tell if a slot is empty because I already took it or because I forgot to fill it….

I like the keeping it beside the bed strategy. But dreaming I took it and not being able to tell if I really did take it is something I would totally do. I think I would take one pill out of the bottle and put it in a pill box then replace it right after I take it. That is, if I managed to wake up to take it.  I guess I’ll find out  what works if I get on meds. Right now I only take Welbutrin XL which works very slowly, if at all, so I don’t worry about taking it first thing.

And coffee is a must. First thing and then at least 2 or 3 cups more after that through out the day and sometimes a cup before bed. Doesn’t do much to motivate me though.

REPORT ABUSE

wiggle worm

I’ve had inattentive ADD since I can remember. Can’t imagine being hyperactive. My hyper is confined to fiddling and bouncy knees! But I am doing OK with my med box. When I take the last pill, I refill it. It helps that on refill day, my husband plops his pillcase and pills down beside me!

REPORT ABUSE

blackdog

I am (I believe) also inattentive type.  My hyperactivity is also confined mostly to being fidgety, though I occasionally have periods of extreme restlessness where I just feel like I have got to do something. Only I can’t focus on any one thing to do.

I could write it on the calendar when I have to fill my dosette. Then husband would see it and remind me, like he does for appointments. I’ll wait and see how complicated it gets. Right now I only have one pill, once a day, so it’s not that hard to keep track of.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)