Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

What do you expect / what are you gaining from your medication?

What do you expect / what are you gaining from your medication?2011-07-08T05:26:59+00:00

The Forums Forums Medication Vyvanse What do you expect / what are you gaining from your medication?

Free medication video
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

@no_dopamine: I love your idea of making a separate list of what I’ve actually achieved!

💡

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

@totallylola: so often we focus on the things we don’t do well or at all, and not on the things we do well. I’m a got-lemons-make-lemonade type of person.

@sugargremlin: I agree, posting on this forum helps us to bring out our thoughts and feelings. It’s hard but helpful to say that I’m a screwup at a lot of things because I always want to gloss it over, pretty it up, pretend it hasn’t happened.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m on meds for over a year now, 36mg of concerta, and they gave me Ritalin to top it up when it wears off. I tried the Ritalin but it was like having a brain freeze! I couldn’t think outside of the word I was saying, if that makes any sense at all. Trouble is, the concerta now isn’t having any affect on me, and i’m eating like a maniac as I’m sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo restless, and at 45 years old, I should bloody well grow up! I have so many ideas, so many things to do, and I do nothing, except beat myself up inside, mentally, and think about suicide, constantly. I tried sedatives for a year years ago, and I became an ogre, it helped my weight issues for a year. Then I put it all back on again, so I had an op, stomache reduced, gastric sleeve, worked for 6 months, now I’ve screwed that one up too. I can’t stop saying what I’m thinking, and my thoughts are written all over my face, getting me into all sorts of trouble, must have had 10 businesses over the past 10 years, and 50 jobs easily. I can’t stand it anymore, just want to feel inner calm. Did meditate, but I procrastinate about that too :((((( I love having high energy, but now i’m older, I’m supposed to be more controlled, and I don’t like standing out in a crowd, but I do! How can I put my hand inside my body and calm me down???? ouch!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Emma, Suicidal thoughts are really dangerous. In addition, suicide thoughts are tortuous to endure even if you would never actually commit suicide. =(. Please talk to your psychiatrist about all the symptoms you just mentioned here. Intervention needs to happen.

take care <3

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

@ Emma: I hope you’re OK and I’m really sorry the meds are not doing what they need to do. I think sugargremlin is right. Please talk to someone about this. (I really doubt whether ADHD medication is right for someone struggling with suicidal thoughts!)

I see this is your first post here. For me it really helps to read other people’s stories here and get some response. Maybe this can help you too. Ask some questions and read other people’s stories.

You’re not allone!

If meditation worked for you I can recommend ‘Meditation for dummies’. It’s has some great tips about different ways to meditate. Some very easy exercises, so maybe you won’t procrastinate about that so much…)

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)