Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

What do you think?

What do you think?2011-04-05T00:50:44+00:00

The Forums Forums I Just Found Out! I Suspect I Am What do you think?

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have an apt with my Dr. Wednesday. This is the letter I am going to bring in with me. Do you think this sounds like ADHD?

Challenges I have Faced

Child- Grades from A through F. Very inconsistent. Several withdrawals from classes due to focusing problems. My mother told me they wanted to put me in a learning disorder class all throughout grade school, but she “wouldn’t let them.” Rarely completed homework.

College Student- Flunked out of Ball State despite a burning desire to “turn my life around.” Watched several motivational movies. Made many plans to make a change. I was unable to ever follow through despite being determined to do so.

College Student 2- Was able to string together a few successful terms at Ivy Tech. Several withdrawals through this period, however. This was a period where I first wondered if I had ADD. I discussed this with Frank and he put me on Straterra. I did not respond to this medication. I quit taking it thinking I did not have A.D.D.

College Student 3- Transferred to Indiana Wesleyan University Online. Managed to complete my associate’s degree in business with a ton of help from my wife.

College Student 4- Currently working on my special education degree because of my passion for learning disabilities. I have found several strategies from A.D.H.D. websites that have made things somewhat better. During this period, I was recommended to a Nurse Practitioner who put me on Stimulants to help with the focus issue. This medicine changed my life, but I quit taking them because I was scared of the long term effects on my body.

Adult Life (work)- Bosses are getting more and more irritated by my lack of focus. I am barely staying employed despite giving it everything I have. My evaluations rank pretty well until it comes to focus/long term projects.

Adult Life (Wife)- My wife and I get into extreme fights over my forgetfulness and inability to remember to help with everyday tasks around the house. I have told her on numerous occasions I would change for the better. It typically lasts about a week. When things get comfortable, I often forget to do these tasks or avoid them because they are too mundane for my fast paced mind. I get very anxious when doing mundane tasks.

Adult Life (Kids)- I have a very hard time keeping up with my kids lives because their tasks and hobbies bore me. I cannot sit down with my kids to play hide n seek for over 5 minutes without moving on to a new task. This makes me feel guilty.

Adult Life (Finances)- Had to file chapter 7 bankruptcy due to my inability to control my finances/sporadic spending.

Adult Life (Health)- Currently weighing over 300 lbs despite my interest in exercise and physical fitness. I Am not able to string together over 2 weeks of workouts. I also eat mass quantities of food on impulse without any thought to my body. I am completely addicted to food.

Overall, I’m not accomplishing anything I want to accomplish. I am an intelligent person, I just cannot access it. I feel like a huge FAILURE!!! I have been trying for 10 years to fix these problems. I truly feel that I need help to fix these problems!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Please feel free to delete this post. I posted it in a little more high traffic area. Thanks!

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)